Hi B All!! New From Washington State!!

Idigstuff

Going to order a Manticore soon, and trying to get as much info on it as possible first! Have a couple Minelab products, like the CTX., that I am still learning. 

Anything anyone can give me on the Manticore is appreciated!!

No Manticore in my arsenal yet, but welcome to the forum. Is some good info down on the Minelab forum on the Manticore that you may find helpful if you haven't seen it yet. Good luck and again, welcome. HH jim n

Welcome IDS, You should have no problem with getting M-core info here. Glad your aboard and looking forward to your input.

Welcome, IDS!  Manticore is so new that there isn't a lot to say about it yet.  Try different modes, play with the audio to suit your taste.  (There are oodles of audio settings and everyone's ear is different.)

Read the manual!  Then read it again.  I've read it 3 times and I'm due for a 4th now that I have ~20 hrs under my belt.  Know where in the manual to find the different things you might want to tweak.  Relying on the stock settings (except for the audio) is generally recommended early on.

Don't get too crazy with cranking up the sensitivity; OK to try and see what happens but then go back down.  I've been running 22-23 where I can get away with it (EMI allows) and down to 16 (EMI pushing me there) and it works well for me on those and in between.  Plenty to be found with the lower sensitivity settings.  More gain amplifies the noise so sometimes you lose signal-to-noise cranking it up; kind of diminishing returns, or worse.

Know how to do a factory reset and don't hesitate to use it if it seems things get wacky.  At worst your back to all stock settings, which is the point.

Welcome aboard Idigstuff  !

MCores are slowly trickling out to the crew here. 

There's a forum here that is all Manticore.  A subsection of the Minelab forum.

Probably a lot of clues on the CTX to be found around here too ! 

Welcome to the forum, and congrats with ordering the Manticore. Don't personally have one, but a couple of friends of mine use them and both give positive reviews. 

Looking forward to viewing future finds of yours, enjoy and please share future finds and adventures.

Paul

Welcome from East Texas.