Record Snows In The Many USA Nw States = Gold?

I'm terribly jealous of your big snow dumps, hopefully we get record snow dumps here over the coming winter too.  Every winter has been getting worse lately so it'd be nice to get a good snow year.

I can imagine it's going to turn a lot of flogged ground into good ground again once the floods wash layers away.

• Like 2

Here's a link to .kmz map of snow depth/cover on Google Earth for those wondering where the snow is melting off or not yet in your areas of interest. 

It doesn't show local smaller show drifts, snow filled washes, small snow patches, etc. It's mostly bigger fields of snow. But still, you can get a rough idea and potentially save a trip to someplace covered with many feet of snow still.

This winter was crazy. I just read an Wyoming Game and Fish report that estimates half of all the antelope in the state died this winter due to the record colds and snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Here's a timely answer.  I'm sure some here will recognize places and names:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/22/us/california-gold-prospectors.html

• Like 1

Will it also depend on rainfall from now on?

I’ve heard that if the snow melts via sunshine then about 75% is lost in evaporation.

If the snow melts mainly via large volumes of warm rain then the rivers will see the majority of the snow.

What is your spring rainfall outlook forecast?  

• Like 1

Gerry That was a fun trip... even snowed a little if I remember right. Lisa was very happy with that chevron nugget. We have not been to Rye patch for a long time. I remember looking at your trailer and thought this might just fit a side by side in it so I found one just like yours lol. We still have it and it makes trips to the Sierras now mostly. Thanks for bringing back some great memories. 

strick

20170530_083638.jpeg

20170526_173116.jpeg

20150102_141353.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, strick said:

Gerry That was a fun trip... even snowed a little if I remember right. Lisa was very happy with that chevron nugget. We have not been to Rye patch for a long time. I remember looking at your trailer and thought this might just fit a side by side in it so I found one just like yours lol. We still have it and it makes trips to the Sierras now mostly. Thanks for bringing back some great memories. 

strick

20170530_083638.jpeg

20170526_173116.jpeg

20150102_141353.jpeg

Stick,  You getting to go detecting with that nugget, you're a lucky man, gold already in your hand.

Glad you 2 enjoyed your training and I can see the gold in her hands, so I know she's doing well.

Yes that Desert Fox Toy Hauler is quite an impressive home on wheels.

I've since downsized but will be getting a van (hopefully next season).

• Thanks 1