Upgraded Legend Vs Older Model With Round Coil

Ok so I have a legend on the way. It is a pre owned one from a dealer who sold it to the original owner. The dealer installed the current 1.11 firmware in it before he shipped it out to me. 

So comparing the new one with the one I am going to receive the only difference I see are the coil, arm cuff and carbon fibre lower stem.

Am I correct in my research??

For those in the know, why did nokta change the coil?

It looked to me like everyone was doing pretty good with the round original stock coil.

21 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

Ok so I have a legend on the way. It is a pre owned one from a dealer who sold it to the original owner. The dealer installed the current 1.11 firmware in it before he shipped it not to me. 

So comparing the new one with the one I am going to receive the only difference I see are the coil, arm cuff and carbon fibre lower stem.

Am I correct in my research??

For those in the know, why did nokta change the coil?

It looked to me like everyone was doing pretty good with the round original stock coil.

You are correct in everything except for the Lower shaft part all the older Legends cam with the carbon fiber lower shaft, the new Legends coming from the nokta factory will come with the new carbon fiber middle shaft, newly designed arm cuff and the new LG30 coil and also will have 1.11 already in the Legend

the Older Legends come with a aluminum middle shaft, and carbon fiber Lower shaft and they all had to be updated to 1.11 or for that matter updated to any of the new versions, basically when you add the new LG30 and middle carbon fiber shaft and newly designed arm cuff and LG30 coil you will now have the completely new upgraded Legend that is already updated to 1.11

You are correct on the difference. The LG30 was introduced to offer better separation along with lighter weight without losing ground coverage. The design of the LG24 was probably the original idea.

The older stock LG28 is a very good coil & a little deeper than the LG30. I intend to get the new CF shaft & arm cuff. I already have all the coils including the big LG35 which is excellent.

Thank you both for clearing the matter up. I appreciate the information

I get the company trying to get everyone a better stock coil but I believe I like the round original design myself. 

The carbon fiber middle rod and arm cuff sounds tempting though. 

I am looking forward to getting it in very much

I have been considering one for a while but the condensed tid scale kept me from pulling the trigger.

Everybody who has one seems to be very pleased with theirs. 

Thanks again!!

56 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

Thank you both for clearing the matter up. I appreciate the information

I get the company trying to get everyone a better stock coil but I believe I like the round original design myself. 

The carbon fiber middle rod and arm cuff sounds tempting though. 

I am looking forward to getting it in very much

I have been considering one for a while but the condensed tid scale kept me from pulling the trigger.

Everybody who has one seems to be very pleased with theirs. 

Thanks again!!

the big difference in the LG28 (11 inch round) coil and the LG30 12x9 inch coil other than shape is the weight of the LG30.

if you can find the specs of the LG30 and the LG28 (stock coil) you will see that the LG30 is quite a bit lighter than the LG28 stock coil

this is just my opinion but for me personally the LG28 stock coil because of the weight of it makes the legend very toe heavy for me personally it makes the Legend uncomfortable to swing, but you can place the back up battery bank in its holding place to try and off set the toe heavy feel

5 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

And the upgraded speaker from a new supplier to rectify the batch of bad speakers.

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

And the upgraded speaker from a new supplier to rectify the batch of bad speakers.

Lets hope so but I am not willing to make a bet on it, simply because I have talked to a few Legend users that have had to have their speakers replace a multiple times on the same machine so, if Nokta has upgraded the speakers the replacement is no better than the original speakers, I just keep knocking on wood in hopes I never have to find out, but then I keep my volume pretty low on both my Legends in an attempt to not have to send either of them in for a speaker replacement.