V1.0... I Think I'll Keep It!

I got all my D2 gear updated yesterday and it went very smoothly. I was anxious to try it so I got out for a couple of hours today. Originally I was going to try and test everything I could, but I didn't have that kind of time, so I just loaded up the Silver Slayer program and made a few adjustments for the V1.0 software and hit a yard and curb strip in front of an old house permission. I ran the Discrim at 6.8, Notch at 7-40, Iron Volume at 7, Silencer at 2, B-Caps at 0, Sensitivity 95, and Reactivity at 1.5. I also set the Max Frequency at 14 KHz and ran the new High Square audio. Man I really like that sound!

I literally took three steps into the yard filled with modern trash and and nails and hit a loud 88 and dug out what I thought was a smashed gold ring or pendant. It turned out to be a gold plated 925 silver & Topaz ring that weighed 7.16 grams, but I was more than happy with that! What a good start with the new update I thought. There was a lot of iron in the ground and with the Pitch tones of the SS program, I was getting the typical high falsing on the nails, so I bumped the Silencer and B-Caps to 3 and man, what a  difference! I still got some falsing on bigger iron but it was easy to tell with a 90 degree rotation on the target. I dug a bit of iron at first to verify and much of the iron in my trash photo was just stuff that was in the hole when I dug the good targets.

When I moved out to the curb strip which was loaded with pull tabs, ring pulls, and bottle caps, I hit a very convincing sounding 51-52 and out popped a junk ring, but it was ring #2! A few feet from there, I got a great sounding 96 which I thought was going to be a quarter, but it was an 8 gram 925 silver ring with 6 large stones and a bunch of smaller stones, ring #3! Finally it came time to leave and on the way back to the car I snagged one last small silver ring that had a broken shank that still rang up a solid 82, ring #4! I was speechless!

Needless to say, I'm sold on the new update and can't wait to explore more of the new features and settings. XP, it was well worth the wait and you knocked it out of the park! Well done!

😎

Old Yard-5-16-2023-a2.JPEG

Old Yard-5-16-2023-c.JPEG

Old Yard-5-16-2023-d.JPEG

Old Yard-5-16-2023-e.JPEG

Old Yard-5-16-2023-b.JPEG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice CPT! 

I am convinced that this update has improved the stability of the instrument in favor of scanning.

Despite being in the lab with dozens of electrical devices running, I was able to set up a program and save it in complete audio silence on any frequency.

Now I am just waiting for a session of at least 3 hours on the seafloor to get a clear idea of how 40Khz reacts to saline💣😂

Well we both literally walked out the door and got some yellow. 🤣 Guess it wasn't a fluke that low conductors sound better now, i feel better! Great work Cap'n. 👍 That was a 3 ring circus for sure. 🏆

I didn't have the same luck with adjusting Silencer, and Bottle Caps was already at 3. 🤔 I put Silencer up to 5 and I think higher, and the old forged nails still gave off some 80s.

There is an old house down the street I'll have to hit again... 🤔

Nice finds! I have mine updated, but haven't had the time to try it out yet, other than just testing some coins in the house. Seeing how well you guys are doing with it has me excited!

Have any of you guys noticed that in some programs nickels seem to read a couple of digits lower than before, and in other programs quarters seem to read a digit or two lower? Seems like they changed something with the way it normalizes TID. Might be worth noting in programs that use a lot of notch. In a couple of mine, I went ahead and dropped the nickel bin from 59-65 to 57-64.