Manticore Shaft

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts about the "upgraded" shaft/rod system on the Manticore.   

I can't fault it so far.

Works well .  Only undo one shaft lock at a time though .  Also the rubber bung in the top of the shaft went walk'a'bout the first time I hunted in the scrub .

6 minutes ago, Hunterjunk said:

Works well .  Only undo one shaft lock at a time though .  Also the rubber bung in the top of the shaft went walk'a'bout the first time I hunted in the scrub .

yes, my rubber bung has fallen out a couple of times, I was thinking of just using some silicone and sticking it down as I don't need to remove it for my style of detecting.

Haven't had any problems with the shaft. The 2 locks are adjustable as to how tight you want them, and it is solid as a rock in tough water / wave conditions. I like how it collapses into itself for storage, as I am traveling with it now and it stores nicely without creating a large "footprint".

no problems...Ive heard of some people the bolt holding the coil comes loose but I have not touched the bolt in mine since installing it. if you are having problems with the shaft twisting just tighten the clamps...

strick

I like how the shaft can twist when collapsed, fitting easier into a backpack . However, there is a tendency for the shaft to twist while detecting, which for me is only a minor issue. I am trying to be careful by not over tightening the camlocks as I don't know what is to tight. Perhaps I am being to careful, hence the shaft occasionally twists because I haven't learned the sweet spot between under/over tightening of the camlock.

I've mostly been on the beach, in and out of the ocean to mid-thigh water.... absolutely zero problems! I do wish they would release the larger coil though... love the 15" for the beach.