X-Terra Pro On Gold

Air test or backyard testing is just that, testing. Reality then may not fit...

In a couple of months, seven Gold pieces have come out and I am close to obtaining my first Ounce. It works with gold!...

In Spain the X Terra Pro is sold out and some distributors have already raised the price to 360 €.

Supply and demand, the market sets the standards when something works. And at a laughing price...

IMG_20230129_090846.jpg

On 6/13/2023 at 12:19 PM, Wilderland said:

I very recently witnessed an air test comparison on small gold with the X-Terra Pro against both an Equinox 800 & 900, a Manticore, an Axiom, and a 6000 & 7000. 

Good to see you on here sharing a little of what you learned.  Mostly glad you were able to join us for the training at Rye Patch.  Don't worry about those who say negative, they don't know what they don't know and they don't have the varying gold to test, as they MISS IT.

Yes, the X-Terra Pro was able to respond to some gold the GPZ-7000 and other high end gold detectors can't see. Yes I could do a video of it, but what's the use, nay sayers would argue and think I'm trying to trick the world.

Fact is and Steve H mentioned it- Not all gold bearing ground is mineralized.  

Remember folks.  Sometimes hand placer gravels and some tailing piles, have the mineralized dirt removed already.  Thats why it has been mentioned a few times by a few of us who know, in some situations, a VLF with larger coil, gets near the depths of PI's...but we are able to use features the VLF's have (such as target ID and or Iron ID).

No, I'm not saying the X-Terra Pro is a gold detector and I never did.  Even to this day I won't say such.  But as Simon and a couple others indicated, it could be used for someone who mainly hunts coins/relics/beach and if the rare occasion arrives, they could try it in a pinch. 

The training we offered, the X-Terra Pro and the Manticore were the 1st time there as we were just as curious as the rest of you, what these detectors can see and the ID #'s they read on the screen.  My Field Staff and I were just as surprised as you and really impressed, actually way more impressed than I would have expected.

Not sure why so many folks get stuck on price points and feel the more you pay, the more you get.  Heck remember, a less money Garrett Axiom or Minelab GPX-6000 outperforms a way more expensive GPZ-7000 for a variety of gold.  As for VLF's a less money EQ-800 with outperform the more expensive Gold Monster 1000 on a variety of gold in different soils.  And yes, the X-Terra Pro can even see a few kinds of gold in certain situations, the big machines are blind.

As said, those who miss it, don't know...they missed it.

Thanks for sharing part of what you witnessed and yes, I do feel the X-Terra Pro will eventually become a very popular detector at that price point for many tasks.  No, I won't be selling it as a gold detector, but do know it can do more than most realize.

After all, it was my buddy (here on DP) Ron who sparked my interest on the X-Terra Pro.  He already mentioned his bit of knowledge/learning when he did a little testing.  I agree 100% with him, it actually does better than expected for a sub $300 detector, who would have thought?

Here's the link,

I believe recovery speed of 1 was used in the test.

• The title was changed to X-Terra Pro On Gold