Manticore Software Update - Available Now!

6 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Well not all beach hunters reside in Florida like you and Tom and and aren’t perpetually blessed with the advantage of always working in “0” reference Florida dry sugar sand where this “update” has perhaps little usefulness. :smile: 

Sorry this is not an overly exciting update for you Florida beach hunters, but Manticore already seemed tailor made for the beach and I was not hearing beach hunters wanting for much more from Manticore out of the box.  Probably due to the fact that Tom D was so heavily involved in providing feedback to the designers in the early stages of design.

Is there something you really wish ML had addressed for the beach hunters in this first update that tge did not provide, Brad?

Thanks for the excellent break-down on different sand types Chase. Guess the guys in California may find the dry sand GB useful since they have the "black sand" in different areas. Me....I'm stuck with the soft sugar stuff. (Awe shucks!)

As you suspected, no there isn't anything really that I felt needed to be changed with the Manticore for my hunting style. I am really happy with it's performance and customization options that I tailored to my liking. I'm almost afraid to update the machine because I like it just like it is and I've had mine for 6 months now. I don't fiddle with any settings once I initially got it set the way I wanted it except adjusting sensitivity setting occasionally. Just noise cancel, ground balance and go! Wanna hit the water? Change program, ground balance and go! Yippee! 😍

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the update is geared more for the USA at present and your nail falsing issue's. 

Hopefully the next update will be geared towards inland hunting on ploughed farmland in Europe.

We need a module as the 105 headphones are not very well designed as wind noise is still a big problem. Surely the module will  enhance the Manticores sound and tonal experience.

But a step in the right direction keep them coming ML. I may yet re-invest in one.😀

They may have removed the restrictive Bluetooth LE connection, someone with some other Bluetooth LE headphones or ear buds needs to try connect it to the Manticore now and see if it connects.

13 minutes ago, Chesroy said:

Looks like the update is geared more for the USA at present and your nail falsing issue's. 

Hopefully the next update will be geared towards inland hunting on ploughed farmland in Europe.

So if it's not iron falsing that is causing problems in you ploughed fields, what is the source?

Just now, GB_Amateur said:

So if it's not iron falsing that is causing problems in you ploughed fields, what is the source?

Its does not perform well on airated soil, depth isnt everything I know that but when compared with the great results experienced on the beach in the beach modes it doesn't  compare. If it performed as well on this type of soil matrix as it does on the beach it would be near perfect for me. 

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Also a question for Manticore experts regarding the new “red” target ID feature, if this only works with the discrimination pattern suppressed (i.e., in horseshoe mode), what is keying the Manti to display the red numbers?  Is it the invoked, custom upper and lower Ferrous Limits pattern profile?

Keep in mind I've only watched the Mark Dayton YouTube video (linked on the initial post of this thread), let alone possessing the 'expert' qualification.  😏  I have not uploaded the update to my MCore nor have I looked at the new user manual version.  With those caveats in mind, I don't see any other interpretation of this red numeral readout than what you have concluded -- specifically if a Ferrous+Conductive signal is in the (light) gray area Ferrous Mask of your 2-D screen while in "All Metal" mode, the Conductive VDI will be completely red.

This seems like a rather minor tweak since previously you got a dark gray VDI with a red underline.  I guess some people had trouble noticing the underscore??

So here's my question -- those new features which are assigned to the user option button(s), is it only the RH side button that accomodates this or can the front user assignable buttons also be activated for this?  I like the ability to clear the Target Trace hits quickly but if it means I'm required to do that with the awkward side button, I'll be more than a bit disappointed....

1 minute ago, Chesroy said:

Its does not perform well on airated soil, depth isnt everything I know that but when compared with the great results experienced on the beach in the beach modes it doesn't  compare. If it performed as well on this type of soil matrix as it does on the beach it would be near perfect for me. 

I have no idea about this stuff but did you manually ground balance away from the aerated soil and then go into it and see how it goes?  At a guess I'd think the ground balance would be the only thing that would change the results with aerated soil over nearby compacted stuff.  How does your Nox 800 perform in the same situation?

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I have no idea about this stuff but did you manually ground balance away from the aerated soil and then go into it and see how it goes?  At a guess I'd think the ground balance would be the only thing that would change the results with aerated soil over nearby compacted stuff.  How does your Nox 800 perform in the same situation?

Yes Simon. Nox more stable in use but always feel that it also could do better.Shallow targets never an issue but depth never impresses in these conditions although very sensitive to very small targets cant fault that.

15 minutes ago, Chesroy said:

Yes Simon. Nox more stable in use but always feel that it also could do better.Shallow targets never an issue but depth never impresses in these conditions although very sensitive to very small targets cant fault that.

I tend to think ALL detectors suffer in plowed, aerated fields.  It's a known issue that going into a "fluffy" disc'd and aerated field your depth is just going to suffer even with a PI.  We have those conditions in the US too. :smile:

Do you have a detector that does better than the Minelabs under those conditions?

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I tend to think ALL detectors suffer in plowed, aerated fields.  It's a known issue that going into a "fluffy" disc'd and aerated field your depth is just going to suffer even with a PI.  We have those conditions in the US too. :smile:

Do you have a detector that does better than the Minelabs under those conditions?

My buddy uses D2 that performs very well in the plough and has the edge over the nox in my opinion