The D2 Brings Home The Silver

Sometimes you just need to go on a Fun Hunt and today's hunt was fun! The last few years our detecting club president and wife have hosted a Fun (seeded) Hunt and Picnic on their property which has been a farm, a ranch, a uranium mine, a campground with cabins, and a family getaway area. They have a lower field about the size of a football field where they plant the coins and conduct the hunt.

I have been using the 11" coil on the D2 for my last few hunts just to get used to it and I must say I really like it. I don't really feel like it's any heavier than the 9" coil I've been swinging since I got the D2, even though I know it is. It seems to perform nearly identical to the 9" but has a little more coverage and I can run it a little hotter. So I took both coils to the Fun Hunt and decided to run the 11" today. It definitely did the job and now I'm thinking that instead of a small elliptical coil, maybe an 11x7" coil might be the hot ticket! Just a thought. 😏

I ended up with 28 silver Rosies, and a 1900 Barber Half Dollar, as well as a couple of Kennedy Half Dollars, a 1948-S Wheat Penny, and a 1910 British Penny. I know it doesn't really count the same as finding those in the wild, but the chances of finding an area here like that is pretty slim, so I'll take them and just call it a Fun Hunt!  😎

FunHunt-2.JPEG

Nice you got a "Bertie" coin, the son of Queen Victoria. πŸ‘ I dug one of those a year or two ago. They're huge.

Awesome amount of silver, they should have seeded some Zincolns to keep it real 😏 great hunt Cap'n! 

That is fun indeed. Sounds like a great club.

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice you got a "Bertie" coin, the son of Queen Victoria. πŸ‘ I dug one of those a year or two ago. They're huge.

Awesome amount of silver, they should have seeded some Zincolns to keep it real 😏 great hunt Cap'n! 

It's funny, but one of our members found about 50 wheat pennies and only a couple of dimes! He might have been running a Penny Slayer program. 😏

BTW, I forgot to mention, the D2 gave me my first 1st Place spot in a club hunt for the most dimes found. So thank you XP!

11” coil is fast in iron infested sites and also the ground coverage is good. Congrats!Β πŸ‘