Garrett & Minelab Customer Service

Oh, I forgot to mention with the Zlink audio system keeping the transmit and receiver in line and not allowing your body to block the signal is key to optimum performance, that was part or most of my audio difficulty and not a problem once you are aware.

• Like 6

I did have a little UPS shipping issue they must have thrown it around because Garrett had it double boxed and tucked nicely in its backpack, all I can guess is whatever UPS did was hard enough one of the 11” coils had enough inertia to snap off one side of the arm cuff. I’ll contact Garrett I’m sure they’ll take care of it. In the meantime I used JB clear weld epoxy and some fiberglass cloth to repair the break so I can use it, I’m only part done and it feels plenty strong.

IMG_1704.thumb.jpeg.dffa04820ce404427e331f687eb8862b.jpegIMG_1705.thumb.jpeg.e1b45b457347f9ddbfc2b80452b08cbd.jpegIMG_1708.thumb.jpeg.747231b92fc342a517768a5ef010075b.jpeg

• Like 5

Skilled repair, I couldn't have done better myself, in fact I'd probably do quite a bit worse 🙂 I'm sure Garrett will replace the cuff for you no problems at all.  My experience with Garrett has been nothing but positive.  I've never had to use warranty on my Garrett products but they've been plenty helpful in other ways when I've needed it buying bits and pieces and even helping me get a detector I couldn't buy locally by assisting by getting it all the way from the US of A.

• Like 1

Simon, thank you and good to hear you’ve also experienced great customer service from Garrett. 

I emailed the US Minelab repair center about sending my 6000 in to get the speaker noise patch they emailed me back today!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1515Art said:

Simon, thank you and good to hear you’ve also experienced great customer service from Garrett. 

I emailed the US Minelab repair center about sending my 6000 in to get the speaker noise patch a week ago asking what I needed to do to send mine in for whatever they do and so far they haven’t even bothered to reply?

I'm very pleased you are getting the EMI fix done, you won't regret that one.

It's hard not to like Garrett as a business, solid products and a good ethos as a business that's focused on their customers, something some other manufacturers lack.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paradiceau said:

Well done sir!  Fine bodywork..

Ha, sanding and paint makes me the fiberglass(er) I ain’t, lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I did have a little UPS shipping issue they must have thrown it around because Garrett had it double boxed and tucked nicely in its backpack, all I can guess is whatever UPS did was hard enough one of the 11” coils had enough inertia to snap off one side of the arm cuff. I’ll contact Garrett I’m sure they’ll take care of it. In the meantime I used JB clear weld epoxy and some fiberglass cloth to repair the break so I can use it, I’m only part done and it feels plenty strong.

IMG_1704.thumb.jpeg.dffa04820ce404427e331f687eb8862b.jpegIMG_1705.thumb.jpeg.e1b45b457347f9ddbfc2b80452b08cbd.jpegIMG_1708.thumb.jpeg.747231b92fc342a517768a5ef010075b.jpeg

Ugh! What a disappointment it must have been to open up a bag and see that!  My last shipment from UPS was an empty box! Idiot delivered it with a big hole in the side.

Good job on the repair- if it does not seem to work- maybe splint it with some metal or curved wood strips under another layer of fiberglass.

Very generous on your offer to let someone try it out!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I emailed the US Minelab repair center about sending my 6000 in to get the speaker noise patch a week ago asking what I needed to do to send mine in for whatever they do and so far they haven’t even bothered to reply?

Minelab US took mine with just the control box- I removed the shaft for easier mailing as per Minelab AU’s instruction sheet on how to prep it (Simon posted it here)…

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/19956-finally-minelab-take-responsibility-for-screwing-up-the-gpx-6000-speaker/#comments

• Like 2