Getting Back On The Deus 2 - Need The Latest Suggested V1.1 Custom Programs Or "cliff Note" Tips

Deep Beeps

7 minutes ago, Deep Beeps said:

Thanks Dan. Your post is what made me ask the original question in this thread as I have 0 hours on V1.1. I had actually used some of the beach programs to tune out EMI while hunting under power lines in coastal Virginia last year in one of the older versions. likely V.6.

The beaches here in SoCal have a fair bit of black sands. But due to fresh sutures I'll be staying high and dry.

What is the modified General settings? Also I see at the end you started using Gary's Sonar program?

I merely experimented with Gary’s Sonar program. I’ve not seriously used it for anything yet.  Relic hunts for me are very few and very far between.  
Later today, I’ll PM you my spreadsheet of the programs I use which includes the modified General.

7 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

I merely experimented with Gary’s Sonar program. I’ve not seriously used it for anything yet.  Relic hunts for me are very few and very far between.  
Later today, I’ll PM you my spreadsheet of the programs I use which includes the modified General.

Thank you!.... Thats just what Im in need of after being off the D2 for a year now.

Got it. I thought I had read you were using it on the beach.🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Deep Beeps said:

Thank you!.... Thats just what Im in need of after being off the D2 for a year now.

Keep in mind that predetermined settings only get you in the ballpark. It’s up to you then to pick the best seat.    Adjust to your environment.

17 hours ago, Deep Beeps said:

Beach sensitive is a clear winner of the beach programs for gold chains. If you are going to use a program out of beach modes make sure you are not handicapping your ability to find gold chains 

18 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Keep in mind that predetermined settings only get you in the ballpark. It’s up to you then to pick the best seat.    Adjust to your environment.

Of Course, just was wondering how the new software was running with the new added features. I had mine pretty early and figured it out on my own before.... But I've been looking for gold up till the new shoulder surgery and not up to speed on V1.1.

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Beach sensitive is a clear winner of the beach programs for gold chains. If you are going to use a program out of beach modes make sure you are not handicapping your ability to find gold chains 

Most of my early V.6 custom programs were built off of Beach Sensitive. I used it about 60 % of the time. Beach 30 % and Diving 10%.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 3:22 AM, ColonelDan said:

"However, just going by my experience on the Florida tourist beaches I hunt, we don't run into much iron at all...unlike land hunters.  So until the talented XP engineers can resolve this issue with the beach programs, I'll continue to place ultimate trust in my Deus II, the best detector on the market in my opinion, and bank on the odds that the little iron we do see on our beaches won't affect a successful hunt very much".

Lucky dog. Every beach I hit I think they piled up pallets and burned their years supply of beer cans on them, then went over the pile several times with a disk and harrow.

1 hour ago, CLH said:

Lucky dog. Every beach I hit I think they piled up pallets and burned their years supply of beer cans on them, then went over the pile several times with a disk and harrow.

We certainly have our fair share of aluminum…pull tabs, beer cans, can slaw etc.  but very little iron on the beach compared to land hunts.

Hey @Deep Beeps,

Try the settings for Beach Sensitive i posted in this article:

It's not perfect but I am pretty sure you'll skip a lot of iron, and most pull tabs and aluminum bits will produce a "brassy" tone that you can also ignore after proving it to yourself. 🙂

Nothing to lose! 

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey @Deep Beeps,

Try the settings for Beach Sensitive i posted in this article:

It's not perfect but I am pretty sure you'll skip a lot of iron, and most pull tabs and aluminum bits will produce a "brassy" tone that you can also ignore after proving it to yourself. 🙂

Nothing to lose! 

Thanks Platinum... I was really let down by the last update. I was getting false positives on every other iron target.

Anyhow, headed up north for a few weeks to snipe / detect for gold, so the Deus will have to wait till I get back... And after thumb surgery.