Unable To Find Jewelry In House

Hello Community,

I am new here in the forum and would really need your support. A few months ago I went on vacation and hid the jewelry of gold, silver and diamonds (about 1 KG) in the house somewhere and can not remember. After countless hours of searching, I have now come to the conclusion that it will probably be difficult without a technical device, as the house is relatively large and especially in the basement or attic a lot of boxes, etc. stored. I now wanted to ask this way if there is a way to locate the amount of schuck at a distance of about 1-2 meters.

I would be very grateful for any input.

BR
Manuel

OK, I'll play along. 🙂

So you have no idea whatsoever where you hid it? I think you just need to start looking everywhere again until you come across it.

A metal detector can normally only see large metal objects a half meter or so away. Besides a house is loaded with other metals that will trigger it. Metal detector is a bad idea.

You'll need more countless hours of searching. Start opening doors and boxes and use your eyeballs. Were you drunk or otherwise impaired when you hid it?

• Like 3

@TampaBayBrad Hm ... I already searched a lot of things and I have no idea anymore, where it could be. I was in a rush before a vacation and quickly placed it somewhere. I have already done a little research on the Internet and wonder if one of the three devices in not be able to identify the larger amount of gold:

links deleted

I would set down, close my eyes, clear my mind and think about what the last few things I did, and where, before leaving the house. Have you hid the stash before? And if so, where? Quickly placing it elsewhere perhaps isn't to far away from where you initially kept it, just hidden/covered better? Do you remember going to the basement or attic before leaving on vacation? Good luck, sounds like you need all you can get. HH jim tn

• Like 2

Are you sure someone didn't sneak into the house while you were gone and take your jewelry?  You told no one about the hidden stuff before you left?

• Sad 1

A small handheld metal detector may help locate it if you're sorting through boxes. Us detectorists use a device known as a 'pinpointer' or 'pinpoint probe'. They are essentially custom versions of electricians cable-finders / plumbers pipe-finders for finding nails / electric wires in a building.
If you own, or can borrow from friends/relatives a cable-finder, it may be of some use.
There are some cheap pinpointers available these days, look on eBay.
Alternatively, the 'Security Wand' type of metal detector, used by security guards to check for knives etc on people, can also be used, and there are some cheap versions of those available.
  • Like 1

I've hide things before going on vacation, and have come home not remembering. Best is not to panic, which will make your memory worse. I found by going on with my life things showed up.

One time I came home after a crazy 10 days away, I had hide some gold away that I normally would have taken to the safety deposit box, but I was running behind so me, I'll put it some where no one would think to look.

I get home and it hits me after a few days where did I hide the gold.. I looked every where and even cleaned house hoping to find it. At one point I swore someone had came in and taken it, ... but nothing else was missing so that could not have been it.  A few months passed, and it showed up. I had hide about 2 ounces of gold in one of my winter gloves. that I had packed away.

Lesson Learned.

Another story. My Ex-wife calls me wanting to borrow a metal detector. She got married to a guy who lives in a big house, whom his wife had passed. Her new husband tells her there is a stach in the house of jewelry his older kids had hide. AS far as I know, they never found it and the detector never helped.

• Like 4

Come on Joe……you need to start hiding the gold in your tub of ice cream like everyone else does 👍

• Haha 3