Just Curious?

Zaj56

It would be a lot of work a consolidated section with the best posts in categories would be great as a sticky up top somewhere or a section like the detector database.   Some people over time have done some brilliant posts that are read at the time by a few and then disappear as old posts long gone from common view, if these sort of posts had a home, even if they're edited to make sense outside of the posts chain by admin so they make more sense as an individual post.   It would be one huge project I guess especially going back over old posts, probably easier based upon new posts being done but there has been tonnes of real gold in old posts so setting out some categories and copying great posts into the suitable categories over time it would build up quite a good database of information on topics.

Perhaps the "Sticky" post could just be a link to that particular post in the original thread. In this way it would retain it's context and may generate additional posts to a useful topic.

12 hours ago, JCR said:

Perhaps the "Sticky" post could just be a link to that particular post in the original thread. In this way it would retain it's context and may generate additional posts to a useful topic.

Yes.  This is how Steve consolidated essential information, tips, and tricks for the Equinox in this post:

The “Equinox Essentials” is a good example of a machine specific sticky. There are a couple others on the forums, Impulse AQ and Axiom off top of my head. Then there is my Steve’s Guides that collected my main general information posts.

But obviously there are more, like Chase’s excellent post, that could create another collected resource. I’m traveling at the moment, but when I’m home I’ll start a process going to locate the best of the best with the help of the general membership, a scavenger hunt if you will. An easy way also would be to sort posts based on the most likes attribute.