Anyone Reporting Manticore Water Intrusion / Leaking Issues?

I just saw on one of the Manticore specific FaceBook pages a couple people were reporting their Manticores leaked. Curious if these are very small percentage outliers or if anyone here has had theirs leak...? None of us want Equinox part 2 water problems!

I have seen three reports of Manticores and one Nox 900 leaking on Facebook. Two as recent as this month. One of the owners relayed that Detector Center in Pennsylvania (Minelab Repair) has reported five leaking. Since it’s Facebook………who knows.

Savannah Harps, a very respected YouTube saltwater beach hunter reported today 7/21/2023 that his Manticore is being sent in for a possible leaking issue. There is visible water under the screen. 

All I have to say is Oh No.

I haven't been on the Facebook metal detecting pages much in the last couple of months, but coincidently, I was on one of the pages this morning, and a guy posted a few hours earlier that his Manti leaked.

His exact words:

Paid $50 to ship it to them cause I took out insurance then when they got it they made a attempt at blaming me for the problem. Paid $50 to ship it to them cause I took out insurance then when they got it they made a attempt at blaming me for the problem.

On my post on the manticore Facebook page there is at least 4 or 5 people having the same problem.

...seeing the photos of the glued finish of some of the owners of this forum, it was to be expected.

I hope these are isolated cases. You have to give a little more time to the new owners. Now summer comes in Europe.

We'll see how that made in Malaysia goes.

Had an odd occurance with mine yesterday.  After maybe a dozen days of several hour & submersed water hunts this month, yesterday I was doing some testing with gold rings and the speaker wouldn't emit audio.  Put my ear up to it and could hear the slightest of audio, volume was set to 23 with would normally be plenty loud and audible. Shook it a bunch, blew off the speaker and 3.5mm port, no water out of either. Oddly, over the course of like ten minutes, the volume slowly started to increase up to about the volume level it should have had when headphones were unplugged. Looked in the 3.5mm port with a loupe and it appeared totally dry (hunt only freshwater).  Will keep on using and check again after a few more hunts. 

4 hours ago, Rc2125 said:

Had an odd occurance with mine yesterday.  After maybe a dozen days of several hour & submersed water hunts this month, yesterday I was doing some testing with gold rings and the speaker wouldn't emit audio.  Put my ear up to it and could hear the slightest of audio, volume was set to 23 with would normally be plenty loud and audible. Shook it a bunch, blew off the speaker and 3.5mm port, no water out of either. Oddly, over the course of like ten minutes, the volume slowly started to increase up to about the volume level it should have had when headphones were unplugged. Looked in the 3.5mm port with a loupe and it appeared totally dry (hunt only freshwater).  Will keep on using and check again after a few more hunts. 

That sounds like Normal behavior od the one way pressure relief/equalizing valve.

Hot air temperature and low water temperature and we have the perfect receipt for disaster...