Whites MXT Edge By Jeff Foster

JCR

This book is still available for purchase from Serious Detecting.

From the interest shown recently about the MXT, I thought it may be something worthwhile for some users.

11 minutes ago, JCR said:

From the interest shown recently about the MXT, I thought it may be something worthwhile for some users.

Totally agree, JCR! Haven't had much of a chance to wade into it, but I will say the sprial bound is a much appreciated format.

I picked up a copy on eBay, mainly per Steve H.'s recommendation on his MXT in-depth review here.

I hope to have mine delivered soon.  I bet it also has good information that can be carried over to detecting in general.

3 hours ago, JCR said:

It shows the book is sold out , maybe because I'm looking from Canada 

I would call them on the telephone and ask.

I received the book yesterday and read over half of it last night. It is very thorough.  It has explained some seemingly odd things I had noticed so now I see it is a much more sophisticated design than I was expecting. Things like the relative fixed SAT settings of the different modes & their effect on Audio & EMI. The explanation of the Ground numbers in Prospecting mode & their multi uses is another.   I knew the Relic mode was a Mixed mode but I didn't realize Coin & Jewelry is too with different Tones.   It will take several close readings of the book for it to soak in good to my hard head.  Highly recommended.

8 hours ago, JCR said:

It has explained some seemingly odd things I had noticed so now I see it is a much more sophisticated design than I was expecting.

Agreed, there's a lot to explore with this machine than meets the eye.

Knowledge retention-wise, I'm in the same boat. I have to read some material, watch some videos, then play around with the machine to explore new knowledge, and then repeat the cycle. Repetition is the key to cement concepts and actions into the mind.

Unless of course one is some sort of detector savant, in which case call me jealous!

I'm still trying to get my head around the Dual Control/Disc settings & Tones for the Alternant search mode of Relic. It's too dang hot outside to stay at it for very long. I did just this evening snap to that the Disc Pre Set position triangle means different cut off points for Coin & Jewelry vs Relic mode. I have Relic primary straight in my head but Alternant is still weird. The book is a BIG help.

Edit;  I was wrong about the Disc set point of Coin & Jewelry vs Relic. It is consistent. The nails are not & the Low tone that was remaining from the un disc'ed negative numbers were throwing me off. The expanded Ferrous scale of negative numbers is great but new to me. Still lots to learn. I did paint an index line down the side of the Dual Control knob to better see the setting.