Snakes, Thorns And Other Causes For Concern

Rad Rocks

4 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I think it is going to be an early winter and my topper leaks,

I also agree that we are going to have a early winter and believe that it is going to be a wild one.

A friend that owns a body shop has been fixing a lot of camper tops with the industrial spray truck bed liner. Once it is done he gives it a 5 year warranty even if it gets hailed on. I don't know what brand it is but do know that it is some good stuff. I have seen him put it on an old fiberglass horse trailer that had about 6 holes and when it was done you could walk and jump on it. Better than new.

Love the report and great pictures, good luck and stay dry.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 12:20 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Above all the dangers that’s been talked about here is man wanting something for nothing. It’s the guy with a big smile on his face that you think you could trust forever but that’s not true.

I know of one person that got killed in Arizona and they still don’t know who done it.

It really don’t pay to go it alone anymore!

That’s the sad truth of it all.

Chuck 

So True,

Such a grim yet important reminder, Danger can come in so many ways. When your out there in the “Wild” You really gotta shake off that ”Normalcy bias” and try to remember what “Stranger Danger” means. Issues and run-ins with miscreants can happen anywhere, But going down close to “Today’s Southern Border” is Nothing like it was even a few short years ago.  It can be like entering into a twilight zone of sorts. On those treks one REALLY needs to stay on their toes. Within a few steps you can go from whistling along, believing you’re the only soul for Miles to finding yourself amongst a large group of desperate illegal foreign nationals from the other side of the World…  or Worse. .

Having a “Buddy” whenever possible is a great tip.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I think it is going to be an early winter and my topper leaks, making me get tired of getting into a wet bed. The gold has not been good at the claims this year. Didn't even hit an ounce. I figured I better get out of there before heavier rains and colder temperatures kicked in. Plus I had to deal with a rat eating things under the hood of my truck. I finally dispatched of him with my 10/22 the day before I left. The heat was hot when I got here in late August but I welcomed it gladly. I still hunted til about 4-5 pm most days. Got 7 nuggets so far for a gram total. While I am here I will get leak taken care of on truck topper and continue finding gold til I head for Arizona - Gold Basin/Lost Basin. Seeing the wild Mustangs was awesome! The Mormon cricket in my tent by my bed; not so much. Got first electrum nugget the other day or pretty close to being electrum. Very pale. I have some good videos coming up. 

IMG_20230830_105314340_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230827_130507118_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230826_144445222.jpg

IMG_20230829_084756130_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230901_201645517.jpg

IMG_20230905_144434248_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230905_144451571.jpg

Rad Adventure(Sans the Rats/ Crickets😉). Those photos are pretty cool.. Gold, Electrum,The Scenery… Wild Horses are such a Sight! (Good thing that’s Not a stinger on the Mormon Cricket, unlike The American SouthWestern Desert’s “plethora of painful poking pests” like the “Cow-Killers”, Massive“Tarantula-Wasp’s” …the Ever present Scorpions And All of their Friends….

IMG_0146.jpeg

• Like 3

I run into rattlesnakes reguarly. Luckily, ours here in NoCal, are pretty chill. 

Ticks...I HATE ticks.

Had pit bulls come at me twice...stupid tweakers...first time, was ready to stick my Apex in it, second time, had my Glock. Glad I didnt have to kill a dog, but came close

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I got my new boots and these have got to be the best detecting boots I have ever come across by far. Hard exterior composit toe good leather, solid hard rubber sole, so they will be long lasting when doing a boot scrape. No cholla will make it through these soles. Hahaha. Yesterday I got 4 nuggets and I came across a cow killer and man, those things can walk fast. I also turned over a large chunk of quartz and pissed off a scorpion hiding under it. It was about 2.5- 3 inches long. I kept putting the pick head in front of him and he kept stabbing it with his tail stinger. Then he seemed to keep moving towards me where ever I walked around the rock. He was upset I uprooted his hiding place. These boots have good traction and stability. 100% metal free. $179.00. Good by Keen boots, hello Thorogood. 

IMG_20230906_191547734.jpg

IMG_20230907_135702127.jpg

• Like 7