After Labor Day Hunt, Sandy Point State Park

On 9/7/2023 at 11:06 AM, rvpopeye said:

JOEBOBN

The Excal 🖖might be dated but it sure has gotten the job done for you , full of good ju ju , tried and true.

A little luck mixed in too , you lucky son of the beach..🌴.

A little storm action will stir things up on the bottom with a deposit from Davey Jones' ! 

Thanks Joe! I have been very Blessed to have the right spots for the excalibur.

On 9/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Way to go, Joe, you got the gold! Well done!

Thank You!

23 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Joe,

It is nice to see that you do sometimes detect like the rest of us mortals.  LOL  I know you were out of your element but someone left the gold for you, so might as well dig it out of the softer sand.  Hee hee

Cuniagau

Thanks Buddy! It is very strange doing fresh drops, everything one or two scoops. And got me change I could clean and spend..

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Probably saw you out there Tuesday, Joe.  I had a similar hunt, found a lot of clad over by the north turn and only junk earrings...and plenty of fishing tackle.

Congrats on the gold.

Thank you! Wish I knew you were going I would have walked around some..

I got there at 7am..unloaded and walked straight up to the north beach, hunted til about 10:30 and left.  Seen a few dry sanders during, than leaving I seen Rodney and a friend hunting the next beach down. Than I noticed someone hunting one of the smaller beaches on the shoreline, one before you get to the small parking lot. . Could have been you?.. I figured my best chance at finding anything was at the northern beach since everyone hunts the bigger, and being they are only allowed 2 or 3 hours a day ..it had to be more targets. 

A friend and I several years ago, 2016, did very well at that northern beach, most was older stuff from the 60s? So I;ve always kept a eye on that spot and liked to see if anything has opened... All tuesday am was new..