New Guy From Northern Nevada

TexasJackKin

I've been interested in metal detecting for some time, and just now starting to get a bit more serious. I'm considering a Nokta Legend as my first detector. I live in Dayton, Nevada, I'm a retired machinist-Tool and Die maker, and participate in several off road, hunting & shooting forums, I'm also a competitive shooter (USPSA). There's a rich history of gold mining, and ghost towns in my area. I'm looking forward to learning more about the metal detecting hobby!

Welcome aboard from uptah camp Jack !

"Learn more" covers a huge amount of subjects . 

Lots of info on everything already posted here. Research away.

If you can be more specific we can do the pointy fingers better.

Of course you can also just ask your questions .

Welcome from East Texas. Sounds like you live in a very good area to detect. There should be some interesting finds to be made. I think you will also find detecting is just as interesting as your other activities you listed, it is for me too. The Legend is a very capable, all around machine that you can grow into for the long run.

5 hours ago, Everett Hicks said:

Hey TexasjackKin I just moved from Fernley Nevada to Lakeside Oregon there's a lot of good places in your area just be mindful of mining rites. Have fun there's a lot of good info here and the people on this forum are very knowledge about our hobby.

Fernley is just up the road, I'm in Dayton (23rd largest city in Nevada) We're a one stop light town Well 2 if your going west, but only one if you're going east.....