Lots Of Scams

DSMITH

11 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Since the introduction of the internet, scams have increased exponentially due the ease of scamming people that the internet provides. Fortunately, "something for nothing" type scams, such as the type DSMITH posted, are easy to avoid to all but the most gullible of people. BUT...

As a computer tech, I can tell you that by far, the most prevalent and successful scam that people get duped by, is phishing emails and phishing popups. For example, the mark receives a totally genuine looking email from any company that they use for services, and pay for online. The email will say there is a problem with their payment method, and they have to re-enter their credit card or banking information. Since it looks legit, the mark gives the scammers that information. I've seen bank accounts and credit cards drained with that scam.

Yes sir I have received those emails like you describe I just delete them and move on

17 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Man oh Man there is sure a lot of scams going on, on places like offer up and Craigslist these days here is just one on Offer Up and there are three more but this one is the worst I sent a message and ask for the serial number like I am an interested buyer

https://offerup.com/item/detail/527912ed-4b01-3607-a0ea-5055398cad19?q=metal+detector

If you Google Search the images you’d find the legit ad it was copied from.  Probably EBay…

I got scammed, I bought a Pro-Find 35! I paid full price too.... 😭

58 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I got scammed, I bought a Pro-Find 35! I paid full price too.... 😭

Even though these scam adds are easy to spot on most of them, the only sure way to know you are not going to get scammed is too purchase in person from someone you trust or purchase from a legitimate dealer, I browse the sale adds on all the sites like Craigslist and offer up but that is all I do, I live by if it sounds to good to be true it most generally is a scam and buyer beware, it is the only safe way that exist anymore, price alone should tell someone that add is a SCAM but there are some gullible people out there these days, and please do not take what I am saying that I am calling you Gullible phrunt I am not, just saying there are some that are gullible

1 hour ago, DSMITH said:

and please do not take what I am saying that I am calling you Gullible phrunt I am not, just saying there are some that are gullible

All good, you missed the joke in it 🙂

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

All good, you missed the joke in it 🙂

Yeah that one went over my head LOL, had to re read your reply before I realized what you meant LOL

All I want to know is where I can get that GPZ for 200 bucks 🤑