Whites TDI SL Value

DSMITH

I have found a new in box Whites TDI that a dealer has, (I know whites is out of business) but what would the Value of a new in box TDI SL Camo version be, this dealer actually has two one brand new in box and one that was put together and tested for about an hour so what would either of them be worth

How many coils come with them? Should be two, the 7.5” Dual Field and a 12X8” or so Hi Q (?) elliptical coil along with orange rechargeable battery pack and charger.

MAP was $1099 new.

Anything less than that should be a good deal for the brand new one. The demo model subtract 10 to 15%.

On 9/30/2023 at 10:30 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

How many coils come with them? Should be two, the 7.5” Dual Field and a 12X8” or so Hi Q (?) elliptical coil along with orange rechargeable battery pack and charger.

MAP was $1099 new.

Anything less than that should be a good deal for the brand new one. The demo model subtract 10 to 15%.

Is there anyone that still repairs whites detectors if needed, that's my issue with both the ones I found with whites no longer in business, in my mind the value just is no longer there even though one is still new in the box and one has only been ran for about an hour 600-700  might be a good deal but not 800 or 900, they are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them at this point, and not being able to get them warrantied if something is wrong rite out of the box that is pretty huge in my mind

17 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Is there anyone that still repairs whites detectors if needed...?

These people have been doing that at least as long as White's has been out-of-business:

https://www.centrevilleelectronics.net/

Also Todd Marshall at Centerville Electronics NW, he was head of the Service Dept at White's.

A fortunate thing with the TDI-SL is that it had a good reliability record. The biggest problem was that the 12" coil would develop a seam crack and leak water. If the camo version has the HiQ coil then that eliminates the main worry. These things are still selling on eBay for $600+ used so, say, $700 for the new one or $600 for the demo would be a good deal. If you don't like it, you can probably get all your money back. OTOH, the dealer probably has $800 in each one and may be reluctant to take a loss.