I Finally Got The D2 On A Beach And This Happened!

CPT_GhostLight

Yay Cap'n! 👍🏆

You got the gold. 🥳 I swear if it's there that program will find it, and yes you are going to dig. A lot. 😏 

I have since lowered disc to 0, it pushes iron down even more and seems to reduce falsing a bit. I'm running sensitivity at 87 now as well, varying up to 2 if it's really trashy. Everything else is same. I should probably repost my settings. 🙂

I run bottle caps at 5, because when I don't, guess what I get?

Bottle caps. 🤣

You usually post your trash, I don't see any pull tabs or can slaw. 🤔 Did you notice the brassy tones on most aluminum?

I could not be more thrilled you got a gold ring, I generally don't go in the water but that's where most of it is unless the tides cooperate.

So glad you got a chance to do some beach hunting! And in Oahu no less. 😎

• Thanks 1

Great Writeup. Glad you had a great trip with GOLD no less! I'll be heading to the beach with the Deus II in a couple of weeks. Hope I have the same results.😁

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I got it out on the third scoop as I was developing a rythm with the waves and there it was, something shiny and round. I pulled it out of the scoop and could see a stamp. It was a 14K white gold ring!

I sense someone has been bitten by the beach bug. The only cure is more beach detecting!!!!  Nice find, congrats! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

... well Hawaii is a magical place. 😎

Hawaii, not bad for a 1st beach outing ... 🙂

Splendid pics and a nice story  ... Thanks CPT 

• Thanks 1

Very nice report. Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

Great write up! Hawaii is an amazing place and your pictures prove it. We loved it so much we bought a house there!

Congrats on the white gold ring. That's a great find. Hunting in the surf is definitely a tough task, but can be rewarding.

The sea life is always fun to see. The monk seals are protected and on Maui they usually set up a perimeter of safety fencing to keep people away from them. My wife and daughter love the turtles and have named a few of them that we regularly see at the beach across the street from our house. Unfortunately, we won't be able to see them for a couple years because our house is in Lahaina. We are one of the few "lucky" people that didn't lose our house to the fire.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

18 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yay Cap'n! 👍🏆

You got the gold. 🥳 I swear if it's there that program will find it, and yes you are going to dig. A lot. 😏 

I have since lowered disc to 0, it pushes iron down even more and seems to reduce falsing a bit. I'm running sensitivity at 87 now as well, varying up to 2 if it's really trashy. Everything else is same. I should probably repost my settings. 🙂

I run bottle caps at 5, because when I don't, guess what I get?

Bottle caps. 🤣

You usually post your trash, I don't see any pull tabs or can slaw. 🤔 Did you notice the brassy tones on most aluminum?

I could not be more thrilled you got a gold ring, I generally don't go in the water but that's where most of it is unless the tides cooperate.

So glad you got a chance to do some beach hunting! And in Oahu no less. 😎

Thanks, F350! My trash photo is the 3rd one down, only 3 1/2 pull tabs and 5 bottle caps. I wasn't out too long and this beach was pretty clean. I could definitley tell the pull tabs and b-caps before I dug them and a few were surface finds. The D2 sure made a good target sound good. Even that crusty stud earring, which rang up in the iron range had a different kind of sound that said "dig me". Of course the sinkers all sounded good, and the big ones sound really good, but I was digging everything.

• Like 1