First Was A First

A man of your experience should know, Mr. Bach, the answer is BOTH!  I thank you for your congratulations, too, many of you guys responding here are pretty high up there in my book and I appreciate the kind words.

- Dave

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Congrats on your 1st seated two bits piece Dave that's a very nice coin and piece of history.I can't decide If i have a bigger hankering to go out and bust my ass and maybe get lucky and find a nice piece of silver or run down to the local butcher shop and spend thirty bucks on a decent steak?

Shoot, you can't go wrong doing both! HH jim tn

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt4gold said:

I see the steaks, where’s the beers?

Never put a bottle of beer on the grill next to a steak for when it blows the steak is ruined.

Congrats on the save UT Dave glad that you found the seated.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Matt4gold said:

Nice coin save!  I see the steaks, where’s the beers?

Didn't take any beer on this trip.  There was some 90 proof sipped around the campfire though.

- Dave

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UT Dave said:

Didn't take any beer on this trip.  There was some 90 proof sipped around the campfire though.

- Dave

Make sure to save some that hooch for emergencies such as snakebites.

• Like 2

Oh, that reminds me, a buzzworm was encountered.  Feisty little bugger.  I took some video, will try and get it off the camera and uploaded in the next day or two and post it.  He put on a pretty good show trying to bite the camera!

- Dave

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

5 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Make sure to save some that hooch for emergencies such as snakebites.

Now that is real good advice, when a snake bites you take a drink. Make that a really big drink, and then beat that snake senseless. When it bites you again take another drink, go to the car, take another drink, drive to the nearest hospital, take another drink, park the car, take another drink and then go in. Let the medical personnel know what happened and show them the snake that bit you. Make sure it is dead when showing it. After they examine the snake and tell you that it was a common garden snake take another drink and leave.

• Haha 4

Here's the snippy little rattlesnake we rant into.

We left him (her?) as hale and hearty as we found it.

Interesting/concerning side note...  I could not hear this little sucker rattling.  Not at all.  My buddy said it was rattling nearly the whole time, but I never heard it.  I've ran into a couple much larger specimens this year that I could hear just fine.  But apparently, the smaller ones operate at a higher frequency outside my range of hearing.  I'd have never known it was there if my friend had not alerted me.  And I was much, much closer to it than he.  So, protect and preserve your hearing folks!  Too late for me, but being able to hear might save you a snakebite sometime.

- Dave

• Like 4