Legend V1.13 Update

MFF18B

NM just released V1.13 update for the Legend, for those users who have or are planning on getting an Accupoint.  If you read my review of the Accupoint on the main Nokta Makro page, my only issue was a lag of several seconds after the Accupoint was turned off for the headphones to connect back to the Legend.  This update seems to have fixed that issue.  My headphones are connecting back to the Legend immediately after the Accupoint is turned off.  Just wanted to pass along.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:08 PM, MFF18B said:

NM just released V1.13 update for the Legend

Yessir, and it's available on Nokta's site right here in the Software Updates tab on the left side of the screen. Windows and macOS only, so Chromebook users be forewarned. I keep a Windows machine around on hand for exactly this kind of scenario, but I'd recommend running any Windows updates first prior to any additional software install. 

Also -- and let me know if other users saw this b/c I was running some delayed Windows updates at the same time -- the 1.13 install threw a driver error initially. A quick restart on the laptop solved it, but curious to hear if others got the same error. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues at all moving up from v1.05(?) to 1.09, 1.11 (and a beta version prior), and now to 1.13 via the Legend update tool. 

I've had no issues updating.  Make sure to do a factory reset after updating to a new software version.   

Bought my Nokta accupointer last night. Supposed to be in the end of this month or first part of Nov. Looking forward to trying it out. 

2 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Bought my Nokta accupointer last night. Supposed to be in the end of this month or first part of Nov. Looking forward to trying it out. 

Very nice! Looking forward to see what you think of it.

My plan is to hold off awhile before purchasing an AccuPOINT. I'm risk adverse -- for example, I won't go to a new restaurant right after it opens, and I won't purchase a car from the first year of the model issue. My theory is to hold off for a bit of time until the initial kinks get worked out, whether it's in the kitchen, staff coordination, space orientation, optimizing line production, etc. Don't know what that means in terms of Nokta's production runs on the AccuPOINT, however.

Anyways, I am wildly curious to see what people think once this one is released in the wild! 

Glacialgold, I completely understand. I'm relying on the reports of the people who got to try them out and the concerns they had that have already been addressed. Just being a pin pointer it should be a simpler process. I kinda feel like it might be ready to go. Fingers crossed😁! I'll be sure to report back in when I've used it a bit. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got an email and a tracking number for my accupoint today. They received a shipment today with no factory box. I could get one now with everything except the box or wait a couple weeks for one In the box. Yep, mines coming now! lol  

On 10/18/2023 at 2:40 AM, glacialgold said:

I was running some delayed Windows updates at the same time

It's NEVER a good idea to install anything in parallel.. Windows Updates may install some very cruical stuff, which other programs rely on.

Got it today and going out tomorrow but I can tell you right now I love it. Definitely worth the wait.
I haven't tried out the discriminate feature yet but just the ability to come thru the headphones was the main thing I wanted. Nokta you have made a very cool pin pointer. Thanks!!!