Legend V1.13 Update

MFF18B

11 hours ago, CTidwell said:

Personally I have been very disappointed in it.  From heavy falsing in air and soil, to poor...very poor soil depth. I'm talking I've never picked up anything over 1 inch in the dirt.  I really wanted to love this pinpointer.  The headphones and connecting with the Legend are fantastic, though.  Just would like at least another inch in the dirt.

CT,

I was a beta tester as well and in my area, I initially had some issues with falsing.  I did a frequency shift and lowered the sensitivity to 7, and have no issues now.  Occasionally it will start to false but I just do a quick retune and it shuts up.  I have 11 pin-pointers and during my in ground testing comparison and subsequent use, the FPulse and Quest XPointer Max are deeper.  The Accupoint depth wise, has been equal to my MI6, unless the MI6 is paired with the D2 and the sens maxed out at 50…then the MI6 is deeper.  The Accupoint has been a great pin-pointer for me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Problem was, most of the time my Tek Point was going nuts in the air and in the ground. I tried everything in the book to remedy it. I even tried different locations and turning off my Legend. All of it to no avail. Turned out, it was defective right out of the box.

I've heard that kind of problem from a few people.  I was lucky enough to have no real issues with mine.  When it died it went pretty fast.  I'm hoping to put some kind of illustrative vid together on the Accupoint issues I'm seeing.  I'll be sure to let you all know.

3 minutes ago, MFF18B said:

CT,

I was a beta tester as well and in my area, I initially had some issues with falsing.  I did a frequency shift and lowered the sensitivity to 7, and have no issues now.  Occasionally it will start to false but I just do a quick retune and it shuts up.  I have 11 pin-pointers and during my in ground testing comparison and subsequent use, the FPulse and Quest XPointer Max are deeper.  The Accupoint depth wise, has been equal to my MI6, unless the MI6 is paired with the D2 and the sens maxed out at 50…then the MI6 is deeper.  The Accupoint has been a great pin-pointer for me.

Good to hear that maybe it's not a product-wide issue.  Changing freq or sens did nothing for me.  There is always a chance that I DO in fact have a bad unit.  I'll be sure to include a link of the performance vid I hope to make soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 7:14 AM, CTidwell said:

I don't think I've ever seen a real life dirt video review.  Just people unboxing it, a few air testing it, then singing its praises without actually even using it.
It's performed poorly since I got it during the beta test.  Air testing did fine, around 3 inches for most coins.  Hunting in the dirt I couldn't find targets til I was literally right on them.  Did some slow recovery with measuring the hole from when I finally got a signal and when I recovered the item, and it was always 1 inch (give or take maybe an 1/8 inch either way depending on target).  Even on shallow targets (per the Legend), I couldn't detect them from the surface with the Accupoint.  So I'd dig a shallow plug maybe 2 inches deep.  Just peel back the grass, really.  Nothing in the hole or bottom of the plug from the Accupoint.  Legend would say it's in the shallow plug, but I'd have to dissect the plug into bits until the Acupoint was almost touching it before getting a signal.  Very disheartening.
Ground balances at between 9 and 12 (depending on site).  Tried changing freq to alleviate falsing, but to no avail.
Short pressing the power button does retune it and stop the falsing, but everytime you do that you lose a little sensitivity.  So when it was giving such a piss poor depth performance already, I didn'nt like having to cripple it further just to be able to use it at all.
Since I was beta testing, I told Nokta about all of this, but received no reply.
I also have a Dr Otek MT6 Pro that I had purchased until my Accupoint arrived (my Tek Point finally died after about 7 years), and I have found that the Accupoint is as weak a pinpointer as that cheap POS.  Only thing it's got over the Dr Otek is that the Dr Otek is really sluggish, requiring you to hover over an in-range target for about a second or more before it will give a tone.

I experienced some of the same issues.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:58 AM, Digalicious said:

There's real life dirt videos on YouTube. Here's a couple of them:

NOKTA LEGEND (FIELD HUNTING Can It Be Relied Upon?) ACCUPOINT (NOKTANANA) METAL DETECTING PINPOINTER - YouTube

First Hunt with the Nokta Nana - YouTube

I would be really surprised if Nokta put out a pinpointer that had poor depth and heavy falsing. Plus, I've read and seen pretty much everything out there from testers (including off the record testers). Not one of them reported depth or air falsing issues. The only complaint was pairing lag, but Nokta fixed that with the update.

So, given that so far, you are the only one experiencing those issues, then isn't it a possibility that you may have a defective pinpointer?

He's not the only one!  I had similar issues on a recent test hunt.

• Like 1