New To Metal Detecting

Goldbug

Hello To All!  I just purchased my first metal detector. A Nokta Legend with LG30 and LG15 Coils. Have an order in for a LG24 Coil when they become available. Retiring soon and will be buying a used Class A RV. Plan to go to Quartzsite in January and learn how to metal detect for gold nuggets. I have a 300cc Honda dual sport motorcycle to travel on dirt trails to get to prospecting areas. At least I hope so.

To begin, I would like to learn how to effectively use the Nokta Legend. It is updated to V1.13. I am starting from scratch and would like to know what to learn first.

Please share your tips, tricks and advice with me...

Goldbug

Welcome from East Texas.

Hi Goldbug.

I have a lot of experience with the Legend, but not for gold prospecting. I suggest reading the manual thoroughly, watch videos, and practice in your yard. 

The Legend and similar detectors have a vast array of settings and features. As such, take your time and have patience. Otherwise, you may get overwhelmed.

A member here named Jeff McClendon has gold prospecting experience with the Legend. Hopefully he will chime in  🙂