Oldest Button I've Ever Found

Funny how we seek things that hold up physically better than we do ourselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, F350! First, incredible finds so congrats and well done!Β wow2.gif

Second, man I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you snap back fast (so to speak)! 😏 Just let your body do it's job to heal and don't rush it. You'll be back out before you know it and finding tons of ancient historical items. 😎

Thanks Cap'n,

I'm no stranger to painful injury, got a real bad case of sciatica back in 1984 coming back from Germany, caught a heavy duffel bag loading up that herniated a disc. That one lasted 7 years. πŸ˜–Β 

An old VA Sawbones told me I was too young for the prescribed back operation, and advised me to take the pain, which was a 24/7/365 hot sword in my leg for at least two of those years, dwindling to nothing in 7.

So far I bend but don't break.

Best I can do is adapt and overcome, keep the arm in a sling and set the detector down to dig. πŸ™‚

• Like 1

Alright, doctors orders:...... Metal detecting? = OK, Ladders? I have to go with a NO on that.Β πŸ˜… Glad you dodged that bullet! Hopefully a quick recovery. Nice looking button for sure. Hand decorated? Old for sure.

1 minute ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Alright, doctors orders:...... Metal detecting? = OK, Ladders? I have to go with a NO on that.Β πŸ˜… Glad you dodged that bullet! Hopefully a quick recovery. Nice looking button for sure. Hand decorated? Old for sure.

Thanks!

Yes I believe hand stamped or engraved. Wishing it was more of a fancy "GW" (😁). This is right out the front door, so I'll take what I can get 😎

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks!

Yes I believe hand stamped or engraved. Wishing it was more of a fancy "GW" (😁). This is right out the front door, so I'll take what I can get 😎

You looking for one of these? 🧐 I am the proud owner of some of the ugliest GW's you will ever see. πŸ˜…

20231113_153737.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

You looking for one of these? 🧐 I am the proud owner of some of the ugliest GW's you will ever see. πŸ˜…

20231113_153737.jpg

Yep, in 18th century terms, Ol' George lived right up the road. πŸ˜€ Or that is what the national monument says. A mere 39 miles away. A day's trip by horse. I imagine a few of his issue buttons are somewhere nearby... πŸ€”

Regardless of its lack of strong detail, that is one awesome button. My Tricorne is tipped to ya 🀣 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks!

I think you are right about your button. On a project I worked at an old site that the English took over from Natives, I found a very similar button to yours.Β  It has the same look as yours with the dots running around and is crudely done. That site is early, so yours is probably early as well. Nice find!

• Like 2

Wow 350 excellent hunt as usual.

When I fell off a ladder i cracked my pelvis , , that was right after I had sciatica for 2 years. (Amp Racks) .Β  That's the period when I fell in love with memory foam.Β Β 

Dislocated shoulder sounds like all kinds of fun , hope the pain is controlled with something besides oxy.

Wish my rig was finished , I'd come down and hunt those fields for you. Of course I'd show you nice pics of what you missed !Β  Β :nugget:Β .

Git 'er healed up Bud . It'll all still be waiting for yaΒ  . I doubt anyone else is gonna get the permission...

Β 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Wow 350 excellent hunt as usual.

When I fell off a ladder i cracked my pelvis , , that was right after I had sciatica for 2 years. (Amp Racks) .Β  That's the period when I fell in love with memory foam.Β Β 

Dislocated shoulder sounds like all kinds of fun , hope the pain is controlled with something besides oxy.

Wish my rig was finished , I'd come down and hunt those fields for you. Of course I'd show you nice pics of what you missed !Β  Β :nugget:Β .

Git 'er healed up Bud . It'll all still be waiting for yaΒ  . I doubt anyone else is gonna get the permission...

Β 

Thanks RVP.

One thing that is very valuable about my prior Military training is that I can still laugh and crack jokes in the ER. 🀣 Between the arm pulls anyway. The pulling wasn't bad but the twisting and pushing was hell. πŸ˜…

Mebbe I bounced or something, got enough "memory foam" built in. πŸ˜€ For sure I was lucky.

If yer ever in the neighborhood I have a 50 amp jack in the garage with a wire running outside, my RV is winterized and done for the year. πŸ˜€ Myrtle Beach next April! πŸ₯³ Should be all healed up by then.

So you're no stranger to sciatica, still IMO the worst pain a guy can experience. πŸ€”

• Like 1