Oldest Button I've Ever Found

Great finds again for you and I hope that it wasn't your swinging arm that is hurt.

The knife looks to be a Old Timer twin blade from the 1950's or earlier. The button looks to have been plated with brass or copper at one time, but is pre 1800.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and when the pain gets to much drink some moonshine and watch it fade away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great finds again for you and I hope that it wasn't your swinging arm that is hurt.

The knife looks to be a Old Timer twin blade from the 1950's or earlier. The button looks to have been plated with brass or copper at one time, but is pre 1800.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and when the pain gets to much drink some moonshine and watch it fade away.

Thanks VL,

I'm right handed so it's my digging arm that was dislocated, I found much to my chagrin that injuries like this can take a year to fully heal. I hope that is not the case, but I may have to find someone to dig stuff for me or do everything with the right arm. 🀬 Sadly my wife is not up to such a task. 😒 I'll be talking to a doc this week to find what my options are. I'd lose my mind taking a long break. πŸ€ͺ

I loved 'shine and beer when i could drink, probably put me in the situation of ending up with a Pacemaker. I was easily able to stop drinking luckily, and haven't had more than a Coronita or two since 2012. I was a weekend alcoholic. πŸ€” I wish it were an option.

The smaller button is Tombac metal, might have been plated. πŸ€”20231111_150313.thumb.jpg.a56a09d93ae7c9cf31fe2948dd34664c.jpg

It's got the raised shank and might be spun. πŸ™‚Β 

Β 

• Like 4

To help you heal faster get a tennis ball and squeeze it several times a day, that will help a whole lot.

I had a shoulder injury and that helped me recover faster than anything. Sometimes I think that these doctors today just want to have people to keep coming back instead of getting them healed.

Glad you were able to quit as I knew someone that refused to do so, he is been gone now for a few years from a car wreck while drinking.

I don't know to many people that really like a drunk but that may just be me, because grandfather was drunk several times and that was enough for me to see. I have only been drunk 2 times in my life and it was never from the moonshine. I don't drink that much but when I do it has to be moonshine.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

To help you heal faster get a tennis ball and squeeze it several times a day, that will help a whole lot.

Thanks my friend, I'll do just that. πŸ™‚

• Like 1

Ripper button F350 ! I wish there were some oldies like that here .Β  Β You were very lucky to get away with the injuries that you have .Β  So many people here cripple themselves , or in even die , falling from heights in their latter years . Get well soon , there's more of those beautiful buttons out there !

• Thanks 1

Wishing you a speedy & full recovery.

• Thanks 1

Wow, F350! First, incredible finds so congrats and well done!Β wow2.gif

Second, man I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you snap back fast (so to speak)! 😏 Just let your body do it's job to heal and don't rush it. You'll be back out before you know it and finding tons of ancient historical items. 😎

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

Ripper button F350 ! I wish there were some oldies like that here .Β  Β You were very lucky to get away with the injuries that you have .Β  So many people here cripple themselves , or in even die , falling from heights in their latter years . Get well soon , there's more of those beautiful buttons out there !

Thanks HunterJ,Β 

No divine warrant for me thankfully. πŸ˜…

I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to recover from this mistake for sure, and I'm sure I will find some way to get out there eventually despite the lack of detecting personal assistants πŸ™„

Going to leave the ladders to the younger crowd from now on, and yes, there should be much more out there. I haven't really hunted that side of this farm. The other side produced a lot!

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Wishing you a speedy & full recovery.

Thanks JCR,

Kinda sad finding a real gem like that with a subsequent injury. I'll take a few quality finds any day. πŸ™‚