Can somebody help a 84 year old guy with some feed back, a little confused. Most people seem to like the 12x7 on the 6000 better than the stock 11" for various reasons, but I understand the 12x7 is not hot out to the edge of the coil, so it would not be good in a rocky or brushy situation. Seems like a deal breaker it your area is primarily rocks or brush. Am I missing something here?  Also is the 12x7 better in hotter ground better than the 11"?  So am I thinking right please?  Thanks for any feedback

• Like 1

The Coiltek 10x5" is better if you're hunting rocky bushy terrain, that's right the 12x7" isn't hot around the edges for VERY SMALL targets, the bigger the gold gets the hotter the edges become.

If you're primarily hunting rocky bushy areas the 10x5" is the way to go without question, smaller to get into tighter spots too.

Can't answer your hotter ground question, but I've read a few in the know commenting the 12x7" handles variable ground better than the 11", as for hotter ground.... I don't know, my grounds too mild to answer that one.

The 11" is one super sensitive coil though so don't expect either the 10x5" or 12x7" to excel over it on small gold by much if anything.  I think of the aftermarket options more for their size shape benefits over small gold sensitivity benefits, and their EMI handling being smaller coils (smaller antenna) is also a bonus along with their smoother running.  The 11" is of course deeper the bigger gold gets than the 10x5" or 12x7" being the bigger coil.  On really small gold I honestly can't say which is deepest, from what I'm seeing there is really not much to it with a slight edge to the 10x5" and 11". 

By the way, congratulations on being out pounding the soil with your detector in your mid 80's, inspirational for sure.  Well done, I hope I can do the same although I highly doubt it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its good in all conditions.  I have not seen the problem you speak of.  This was in the brush today. And we hunt in the rock alot with them including horizontal dig and detect mining through rock layers on top of bedrock so most of the nuggets are forward and to the side of the coil not under it .  My hot coil spot is about 11 o'clock. Reese had the 10x5 and ditched it, it just doesnt move well across the ground especially in grassy areas like 12x7.   Pulled a couple hundred nuggets from .023 to 4 grams since I got tge 12x7 in March. The 12x7 is ALOT more stable than the stock coil too. And it punches plenty deep. The .2 today was right at 7".   

BA6D52E0-62E0-4EFB-B120-793D6E889A43.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 12x7 is super quiet and stable, better than any other mono coil out there. The edge gap until a signal is heard is maybe 1cm.... so its not much. The 10x5 is pretty much the same and on some targets, its worse. The 10x5 is sharper and slightly more sensitive. Plus of course, its smaller and less prone to mineralization noise due to its size. Both coils are great and best to have both in your arsenal I reckon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1