Getting A Deus One In 2024

gopher

Anyone think its worth getting an xp deus in the new year??

Or is the technology too dated?

I'm very interested in the xp deus with the high frequency elliptical coil

I find here in canada the 40khz on the legend is great for our steel core coins as well as nickel coins, so I'm curious if 74khz on the deus will do better

I'm not interested in the ORX because its a three tone machine, and I see a video of it in high EMI environments giving off mid tones to the point you could swing right over gold and not notice the tone

In canada I see the deus one, with x35 coil, remote, and headphones(lite) for $995

Or the deus lite by itself for $675

The the first deal sounds way better to me, I could get it after christmas and save up for the HF coil by the time the snow melts

If only the deus 2 had either a HF coil or even just a small elliptical coil I probably wouldnt consider the deus one at all

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gopher said:

If only the deus 2 had either a HF coil or even just a small elliptical coil I probably wouldnt consider the deus one at all

I think we're all waiting patiently for that small elliptical D2 coil. I know I have been, but so far I'm doin okay with the 9" and 11" coils and if I get the 11x13" coil for Christmas, I will definitely be able to wait for XP to get the logistics worked out on a 10x5" FMF coil. So I don't feel the need to go to a D1 just to get that coil. Just my 2 cents. 😏

• Like 6

I'm in Canada, and I also know how well 40 khz, or a high weighted SMF mode works on steel core coins 🙂

Would 74 khz be better? My guess would be "probably not". Reason being, even 20 khz works pretty well on those coins as well. Given that, it's hard to imagine how going much over 40 khz would make a notable difference on those coins, but I could be completely wrong. Something else to consider, is the possible depth loss with an extremely  high frequency.

• Like 1

Deus 2 currently has single frequency operation up to 45 kHz using any of the available coils. It comes with two single frequency programs that are just as good or better than the discrimination programs on Deus 1. I just can’t see any advantages for buying a Deus 1 over a Deus 2 unless gold nugget prospecting is part of your detecting life. I also don’t see any big reason to buy a Deus 1 or ORX over a Legend aside from ergonomics. 

• Like 3

Well I did it anyways people, ive been watching deus 1 videos since I made this thread, now I'm hyped to get it, I found a coupon code to get $95 off, so I pulled the trigger

Also grave digger tools had a flash sale a few days ago, it was 25% off I got a leather sheath for my garett edge diggerScreenshot_20231207_145227_Fennec.thumb.jpg.9ca1776f9ac6217a9715a8ca4be1bfc4.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/6/2023 at 10:22 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

Deus 2 currently has single frequency operation up to 45 kHz using any of the available coils. It comes with two single frequency programs that are just as good or better than the discrimination programs on Deus 1. I just can’t see any advantages for buying a Deus 1 over a Deus 2 unless gold nugget prospecting is part of your detecting life. I also don’t see any big reason to buy a Deus 1 or ORX over a Legend aside from ergonomics. 

You have got a lot of equipment. I sold my nox 800 and got a 900 that did nothing but chatter so I sent it to minelab repair and they couldn’t find anything wrong with it or the coils and said don’t run ground balance on auto.  It’s coming back today so if it does the same thing I’m returning it and getting something else.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 2:24 PM, gopher said:

Well I did it anyways people, ive been watching deus 1 videos since I made this thread, now I'm hyped to get it, I found a coupon code to get $95 off, so I pulled the trigger

Also grave digger tools had a flash sale a few days ago, it was 25% off I got a leather sheath for my garett edge diggerScreenshot_20231207_145227_Fennec.thumb.jpg.9ca1776f9ac6217a9715a8ca4be1bfc4.jpg

A little late to the party here.  Having owned a Deus 1 for several years which I considered my best non SMF detector, especially with the white HF 9" coil, I was skeptical that something could totally replace it.  I used an Equinox 800 and that complimented the Deus 1 well, but there were still situations where the Deus 1 excelled over the Nox.  But after having used the Deus 2 for nearly two years now, I can say that my Deus 1 (and to a lesser extent also my Nox) have been collecting a lot of dust for the past two years.  Subsequent to releasing the Deus 2, XP put out the WS6 Master package (smart puck in lieu of the remote) which is a great value and very capable with 99% of the features of the full remote package but at about $700US right now for "Black Friday"/Christmas deals.   A great deal (and much more capable than analogous Deus 1 lite setup) and the coil operates up to 45Khz, as Jeff said above, which appeared to meet your minimum coil frequency needs.  But I am a relic hunter and don't have to deal with steel clad coins. And that's all moot for you since you went ahead with the Deus 1.  I posted the above regardless as it may help others who are contemplating the Deus 1 in 2024. 

Anyway...I had a question for you.

Did you get the 9" HF coil or 9" X35 coil?  It's not clear which coil you ordered (just says 9") from what you posted above and you mentioned an X35 package deal earlier for the same price you paid above. 

I ask because I thought you wanted something that gets you to 74khz or at least 40 khz.  X35 only goes to 27khz and the 9" HF goes to 54 khz.  Only the 9.5x5" elliptical goes to 74 khz.  Did you end up changing your mind on desired max frequency?

Edit:  Nevermind, I see you are going to get the HF coil later.  Anyway, congrats and good luck with your new Deus 1.

• Like 3

I bought the Deus 2 with a 9” coil based on how much I liked the Deus 1.

I have both HF Coils (9” Round and the Elliptical HF coil) for my Deus 1 and love detecting with it. I feel fortunate to have both the HF coils.

The Deus 2 I haven’t had that much time on it but feel the D2 is also a tremendous detector.

Best of luck with the new detector!

• Like 1

Well, congrats on your new D1, gopher, I hope you have a lot of fun with it. A lot of people still use the original Deus and love it.

Cheers! 😎

• Like 2