Getting A Deus One In 2024

gopher

The deus and the grave digger sheath arrived, The sheath is a bit small, I spent like 30 minutes shoving my digger in and out to wear it in a bit

We have snow right now, but warm temps over the next 4 days, I expect the snow to melt some time on the 25th, I won't be able to get out to a park to test my deus, but I'll be able to test it out back, there used to be a house back there that was demolished so there's lots of scrappity scrap, lots of iron but am able to pick out the odd non-ferrous target, I'm really hoping for some coins, but all I have found back there was a 40s penny and a 60s penny, and have detected it at least a dozen times, I have pulled about 3 pounds of lead so far from back there

4 hours ago, gopher said:

The deus and the grave digger sheath arrived, The sheath is a bit small, I spent like 30 minutes shoving my digger in and out to wear it in a bit

We have snow right now, but warm temps over the next 4 days, I expect the snow to melt some time on the 25th, I won't be able to get out to a park to test my deus, but I'll be able to test it out back, there used to be a house back there that was demolished so there's lots of scrappity scrap, lots of iron but am able to pick out the odd non-ferrous target, I'm really hoping for some coins, but all I have found back there was a 40s penny and a 60s penny, and have detected it at least a dozen times, I have pulled about 3 pounds of lead so far from back there

I think that you will really like your deus1 gopher.You might want too stick with the factory programs for awhile until you get the hang of it.I would recommend using the fast program in the sites with a lot of nails but don't be afraid to experiment with the reactivity and sensitivity settings.The lower reactivity that you can get by with the better as far as depth is concerned and change it often raise it up in the really thick iron and lower it accordingly in the cleaner ground thats important.The same goes for the sensitivity {gain} the higher that you can run it the better but you won't be doing yourself any favors by running it way high in the heavy iron.just like the reactivity raise and lower and change it often according to the conditions.I would also recommend that you insert Calabash Diggers Relic Program into one of your slots.It's based off of the fast program with pitch tones and really helped me a lot when I got my d1 and I still use his program on occasion with a couple of tweaks.Also did you happen to get the HF elliptical or white round coil with your unit? They are both very useful.Best of luck with your deus and at some point in the future you will probably want to get yourself a d2.

Doc

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

I think that you will really like your deus1 gopher.You might want too stick with the factory programs for awhile until you get the hang of it.I would recommend using the fast program in the sites with a lot of nails but don't be afraid to experiment with the reactivity and sensitivity settings.The lower reactivity that you can get by with the better as far as depth is concerned and change it often raise it up in the really thick iron and lower it accordingly in the cleaner ground thats important.The same goes for the sensitivity {gain} the higher that you can run it the better but you won't be doing yourself any favors by running it way high in the heavy iron.just like the reactivity raise and lower and change it often according to the conditions.I would also recommend that you insert Calabash Diggers Relic Program into one of your slots.It's based off of the fast program with pitch tones and really helped me a lot when I got my d1 and I still use his program on occasion with a couple of tweaks.Also did you happen to get the HF elliptical or white round coil with your unit? They are both very useful.Best of luck with your deus and at some point in the future you will probably want to get yourself a d2.

Doc

Thanks, I'll check out calabashs relic program, I was thinking of just starting with basic the first day, maybe I'll play with fast as well, paystreak superfreak on YouTube said he would make me a video explaining negative discrimination when I said I don't understand it, hopefully he gets that out sometime

I think a tiny bit of snow fell last night, hoping it melts over today and tomorrow, we have temps over 5°c today though til Friday it gets cold again, although there's rain a lot of those days

• Like 1

Another thought for you is to watch some of Gary Blackwell's videos, when I got my Deus 2 the shop loaded up a couple of his Deus 1 programs. 

https://m.youtube.com/@metal_detecting/videos

He is probably the most level headed and experienced detectorist I've seen.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

X35 coil in boost mode is pretty good with sonar prog  don’t think d2 will beat it for depth ,

I plan to do a comparison on clean soil