Circle Of Friends...

15 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Sorry it’s raining on you Gerry!  Erin and I got back 2 weeks ago!

I know how Erin thinks...🤔. Remember my friend, we've had a few meals together.  So I won't ask outright, but did you make any cool finds. 😎 

That's really cool, I find wallets all the time at the ski fields, I zoom down and hand them in to the lefties hoping they make their way back to the owner, I guess I'm putting trust in lift operators that come from all around the world to follow the winter but the way I see it the wallet has more chance getting back to them that way than me holding onto it.  They have a lost & found that they go into so if people ask, they should get them back.

The way I see it is if I lost my wallet, I'd be so happy if someone handed it in and I was able to get it back, so I do the same.  Good on you Gerry and the finder of the wallet for ensuring the owner received it back.

• Like 6

Chuck (GB_Amateur) is a great guy and friend. I hope he sees this. Amazing. Such a small world in so many ways. Thanks for the recovery of his wallet and the great post Gerry.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@GB_Amateur was one lucky guy to have such good friends to return it to him and the story is that much cooler now I know who the person was that lost it.  

• Like 2

Beatup- YES our Community is tighter than we realize at times.

phrunt - Doing the right thing is earning Karma when we go detecting.  Well done my friend. Yes to realize it was one of our own, just makes it that much better.  

Jeff - Chuck has been a long-time repeat customer of mine.  Even if he was a customer from a friendly competitive dealer, we still would have done the same. Yes our Circle of Friends is good.

That has to be the save of the year, Gerry!

• Like 1

I was out with Chuck when he lost the wallet. Between the two of us we spent hours looking for it. He of course tried to look everywhere he had been, and I tried to look everywhere I had seen him. Still when all was said and done turns out he had been farther up the hill than he had thought, so it did not get found by us. But I told him at the time, just wait, it will get found. It’s amazing how every foot of ground out there is getting eyeballed by people over the course of the year. And why nuggets are getting rare as we are all going over the same places repeatedly. Nice story Gerry, thanks.

• Like 8