Last Hunt Of The Season #4

41 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Fields of infinite targets 100+ years old isn't a bad place to be in the middle of....

🤗 👍

Thanks RVP,

I wish the targets were infinite! 😅

Chase and I went to a field nearby hoping to find more in a place we have hunted a lot, and we both commented on what a "desert" it was. 😵 I think he got one thing, I got nuttin. 🤣

But, one of the things Chase found in the first field was 230 years old, it had a date on it 🙄 🤐

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great end of the year hunt, F350! Well Done! 😎

Thanks Cap,

This was kind of a "meh" hunt for me compared to earlier ones, but it was great to get out one more time to fill up the last display box of 2023. 😀20231230_200252.thumb.jpg.a5a14d2457f17b3d51f303887aa32dcb.jpg

I present my "Fall Collection" 🤣

Glad you felt up to swinging the 13”!  Out of curiosity, how do you prefer your equalizer settings?  Good luck on your last last hunt of 2023 Sunday afternoon… 😄

4 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Glad you felt up to swinging the 13”!  Out of curiosity, how do you prefer your equalizer settings?  Good luck on your last last hunt of 2023 Sunday afternoon… 😄

Thanks! It was nice to use it again.

I much prefer to use the 11x13". I've been using it for over a year now and insist it "falses" less on iron than the 11". I bought the 11" while on the waiting list for the 13" and immediately noticed it over the 9". 🤪 Still waiting for the 10x5 🙄

My equalizer settings are probably not for everyone, I think they stem from playing heavy metal guitar in bands most of my life. For some reason I still pass hearing tests with flying colors, despite my penchant for loud music. I must have been blessed with titanium ear drums, 🤔 I like high dynamic range.

First bar up one click from top, second up a couple. Third flat, fourth up one. Currently in running disc at -6.4 with a modified General program similar to my old Relic Reaper. V2 seems to have helped its return, the explanation is lengthy and speculative. 🙄 "Iron-ically", I turn iron volume down. 😀

Today may be a nice day, there will be speed traps and hunters everywhere, but if I get on my wife's nerves she may throw me out. 🤣

18 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

So maybe steel wool ?🤔

Well the woman that shaves my head also uses the clipper in my ears, so you may have nailed it 🤣