1st Gold... Finally!

After around 1.5 years detecting, I finally dug gold today!

4.33g 10k women's wedding band found using the MXT Pro (thanks, @Jeff McClendon!) with the 18x4 Detech Arrow at a local sports complex. It was about 2" down, and rang up as Ring, P-tab. Never had any luck previously with those type of signals, but this once sounded super clean and I gave it a shot. Glad I did! 

Testing it at home, the ring registered as a 36-37 on the Legend and a solid 19 on the Nox 800. I would likely have not dug the target on the Legend, but it did land at the very bottom of my "penny" range on the Nox, which would have made it a "maybe" dig.

The thing of it is, digging anything gold was one of my big detecting goals for the year, and I had pretty much given up hope by this point. Lowered expectations = good luck, I guess! 

20231230_165717.jpg

Congratulations GG. 👍

It was about that long before I found one myself, actually two in one spot. 2 that had hallmarks anyway. 🙄

From what I've read here the most successful ring diggers can show you a bucket full of pull tabs for every ring they get. It's probably when I accepted that and better learned how my detector sounds and acts (and dug a lot of pull tabs 😀) that they started coming in.

Great way to end the year, isn't it? 🏆

A belated Christmas present, but one you are glad to accept!  Now for the next one…. Has you hooked doesn’t it?😁

7 hours ago, glacialgold said:

and a solid 19 on the Nox 800. I would likely have not dug the target on the Legend, but it did land at the very bottom of my "penny" range on the Nox, which would have made it a "maybe" dig.

Gold on the Equinox can be 1-22, even 23-24 on big chunks. 

Congrats! I'm going on three years and still haven't found one...a lot of costume jewelry though!

More like persistence = good luck I think. Congrats on your first gold ring. Nice one too!

On 12/30/2023 at 2:10 PM, glacialgold said:

After around 1.5 years detecting, I finally dug gold today!

Congratulations.  It gets easier and more frequent now that you know what it sounds like.