A Draped Bust Today

Lodge Scent

We had gotten a lot of rain earlier in the week. I knew the ground would be wet so I decided to go with General and a 5 Tone program. I hit one of my favorite colonial era sites. Looking at my records, the last time I pulled a copper from that site was 5 years ago. But I have hunted there many many times since. 2 minutes into the hunt, I get a debatable signal and dig a small cuff button. But the "quick find curse" struck me and it was another 45 minutes before a dug another button and then a small pewter spoon handle. A little while later a get a very soft but fairly smooth high tone. I take a peek at the controller on my arm and it is showing 90-91. But I am sure as soon as I circle around it, the signal will turn to iron. I was really surprised that it stayed locked in to 90-91 almost all the way around it. I still had my doubts as this target is only 10 feet from the cellar hole and this site has been pounded to death and not just by me. But I was happy to dig an 1802 Draped Bust LC. It's toasty but it gave up a date. This site had given up 18 coppers in the past with the youngest being 1809. 14 of those coppers were dated in the 1700s.

This copper was onlyΒ  5 or 6 inches deep. It was slightly on edge but you wouldn't think it was a hard target that would elude me for 10 years. I was using the 13" coil and had Reactivity set at 0.5 and I was going slow. The other pic is finds from last several hunts.

Lodge

1802 DB Tiverton 4 20231230_180647 2.jpg

Dec 30 2023 multi hunt 2.jpg

... And yet another year end great find! πŸ† Outstanding that you found one with enough details. Testament yet again to the 13". πŸ‘ And your skill of course.

Nice one LS. πŸ™‚ Can't believe the stuff turning up. 🀯

Not a bad DB from a cellar hole. Most of them do not survive very well, especially the reverse.

Congrats - going slow with a low Reactivity setting Β works great!

OUTSTANDING!

Steve

On 12/30/2023 at 9:35 PM, F350Platinum said:

... And yet another year end great find! πŸ† Outstanding that you found one with enough details. Testament yet again to the 13". πŸ‘ And your skill of course.

Nice one LS. πŸ™‚ Can't believe the stuff turning up. 🀯

Thanks everybody.

F350, the credit on this one goes to the 13"coil and the D2 for being so adaptable and versatile. I shouldn't be surprised anymore when the D2 coaxes something out of hiding from a worn out site. That 13" coil is something. It's pretty much my go-to coil these days.

1 hour ago, Lodge Scent said:

Thanks everybody.

F350, the credit on this one goes to the 13"coil and the D2 for being so adaptable and versatile. I shouldn't be surprised anymore when the D2 coaxes something out of hiding from a worn out site. That 13" coil is something. It's pretty much my go-to coil these days.

Couldn't agree more, I hope all the people who got one from Santa or otherwise recently are as happy. πŸ˜… I think they will be. πŸ™‚

But you are skilled, there's no doubt about that. πŸ‘ When you get 90s on anything you should dig it. πŸ˜€