I've tested the stones with my diamond tester and I can only get it to go up one 'notch' so they are probably not real.  We have other stones that make the meter go all the way up to the top so I know the meter works.  

I went out to the same spot today and 2 others because of the waves and only found 4 cheap rings and a few quarters.  That left me no time to go to my coin shop to learn more about the ring.

• Like 7

Any inclusions in the stone, tiny bubbles? Could be moissanite. Color refractions, no inclusions is man made or lab.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kac said:

Any inclusions in the stone, tiny bubbles? Could be moissanite. Color refractions, no inclusions is man made or lab.

A diamond tester (the inexpensive ones) would have said a moisannite was a diamond. It's probably CZ, or some other material. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I took the ring and a few other items to Wilshire Coin Exchange in Santa Monica.  They used their XRF gun to tell me that it is a 14K Gold ring!  A visual said that the 'stones' are CZs and I'll take their word for it unless a jeweler tells me different.

Thanks everyone for giving a shot at what it really was based on the pictures supplied.

• Like 7

Good hunt.

That's the kind of find that makes you inhale really fast !  🥸

Glad it was real gold . Might have been sized using regular solder or cheap silver solder. 

That stone is a honker fer sure .😳  A fat chance is still a chance  ! 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Might have been sized using regular solder or cheap silver solder. 

Do you really think a jeweler would use inferior materials when sizing a ring?  haha

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Do you really think a jeweler would use inferior materials when sizing a ring?  haha

Probably not but I know lots of people that can solder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think jewelers 'cheat' all the time.  Amateur jewelers cheat more than known pros.  Solid gold is in the eye of the beholder!  I'd dare say that some manufacturers do it as a profession like those who make fake collector coins.

• Like 1