Nice hunt and the ring looks to be silver that has been plated gold and the stones look to be man made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hm, from the pictures it looks like gold. Maybe soldered / repaired.
Silver plated or junker would have had an higher ID imho.

Nice ring nevertheless!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think gold but regardless, that is an eye-catching ring. The settings look decent so maybe the stones are real??? Well done!

• Thanks 1

Nice finds, MN.

Your best bet would be to take that ring to a Jeweler, man if that stone is a diamond you might get an offer! 😀

My local Jeweler, a 40 minute drive away 😏 is great. If you hit them when they're not busy, and at least once buy a small bracelet charm for someone, you'll be surprised what they will do for free.

They have tested and identified many items for me, and recently I brought them a very old ring and asked their opinion on what should be done with it.

To my surprise one of the people there grabbed an XRF gun and examined the ring, told me every metal it had in it. We had a great discussion about what should be done, and they even offered to put a new stone in it if I wanted, but we all agreed nothing should be done to it eventually.

I was not charged at all for the service, they have cleaned rings for free as well. I think it's the mystique of artifacts for the most part that makes charges go out the window, but I've brought them newer stuff as well. I have bought my wife a couple of charms there, and do a bit of browsing. 🙂 Establishing a relationship where I am goes a long way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have a local gold buyer and seller who is the same way with an XRF.  I've bought some coins from them over the years and they are quite happy to give me a bullion offer on anything I show them.  They like to see my finds and I tell other beach hunters the best place to go locally to sell on the spot.

Local jewelers are a different problem.  I had a place where I could walk in and the ladies would 'look and test' without a purchase interest.  I've found that if a jeweler wants to get your item for a deal you'll often times get a low ball, this isn't a worth much 'appraisal.'  It is mostly a waste of time anymore.  Reality doesn't come out of many jewelers mouths, even on the sales side!

Buy low, sell HIGH.

• Like 3

If it came out of the salt looking that good, I'd agree that the break could have been a repair/resize with some lesser metals! I don't see any other copper type corrosion anywhere else on the ring! That's a heart stopper when first seen moment! Hope it's all real!!🍀👍👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

The break at the resizing area made it sound real scratchy.  It didn't have the full tone of a normal ring.  It reads 8-9 on my 800/15.  There is a green corrosion at the break area/resize area.

Congrats!!! That ring is awesome. It has been in the water a long time!! 

• Thanks 1

Gorgeous design. I can't imagine all that effort for a plated ring. I'm thinking gold as well. Also maybe it is dad's or grandpa's ring, resized and re-inscribed. If that stone is real.......😍

• Like 1