Who's Sold Their Manticore?

Just out of Curiousity wondering how many people decided the Manticore was not for them and sold it ! Were you disappointed with it as it didn't live up to the hype ?  or were there other factors that influenced your decision ? Would be interested to hear your reasoning.

Coils and the module are now freely available in Europe.

I thought really hard about it but that had nothing to do with how it detects. It does just great for me, ergonomics are good and it has the best EMI handling I have ever experienced.

I sold my Nox 800 instead to a great new owner who absolutely loves the 800 as much as I do.

However, I think the Manticore is Minelab's worthy successor to the Equinox 800. It took awhile for me to come to that understanding but, that is what I decided and I am going to stick to that.

Calabash is the only one that I know of.

Ol calabash was using a manti with an M-8 coil, and was amazed with the results he had at one of his iron infested sites. 

Did he buy another, or using a borrowed unit? I don't ever take what he says as gospel, but he's entertaining. 

I'm to stubborn to admit I can't make it work better than it has so far. So final judgement will come next November.  I am slowly learning new techniques, but winter has stalled my detecting learning progress. Now all I can do is imagine how Dankowski's settings would work,  along with a long list of other adjustments to settings that need more time. 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:51 AM, Rattlehead said:

I sold mine. Wasn’t disappointed at all. I actually thought it was a great detector, but just prefer the audio and ergonomics of the Deus 2.

I did the same thing

Mine sits lonely in the corner.

1 hour ago, George Kinsey said:

Mine sits lonely in the corner.

You need to sell it George---ain't doin u no good sittin in tha korner!!----BTW---no extra charge for this priceless info!

I sold my first one to help fund an out of state trout fishing trip.  That was back when they still weren't easy to find and it sold fairly quickly.  I have since gotten another one but I actually don't use it all that much. I can't even say that I'm in "the jury is out in deliberation" phase....more like, I am still in the process of listening to the evidence for the trial. It is powerful, no doubt. But some ways I like the Equinox much better. And like the Deus 2 more better. Nasa Tom is sold on it for sure but I do think a lot of his love for it comes from having a role in its testing and design.