How To Change Over A Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector Battery

I believe that this video will help someone in the independent replacement of the battery in the Equinox 800/600.....

Thanks for posting the link to how replace the battery on the Nox,must admit was not aware how easy and quickly it can be changed......many thanks.

I replaced the battery on my Equinox 800 about 1.5 years ago, and the process is quite easy to do, just as the video shows. One caveat - take his warnings (1:07 mark) about taking your time and being gentle very  seriously. Notice at the 1:30 mark how suddenly the battery releases - if you aren’t careful, that release can stress and damage the wire connections further up in the housing (not the white connector - that’ll be fine. I mean the control box wires inside the housing). Keep in mind, the older battery you are replacing may have changed shape - in my case, I believe the battery may have swelled ever so slightly over time, making it more difficult to remove. I needed to exert a surprising amount of force, and the battery released very suddenly - with greater speed than you see in the above video. He doesn’t point this out, but notice that he positions the thumb of his hand grasping the control box directly over the battery to serve as a “barrier” for when the battery releases. This is critically important  to avoid potential damage!

Again, the process is easy, and only takes a few minutes, but done the wrong way, it very much can cause damage