Ancient Salmon River Aluminum Nuggets

Beautiful area.

Sounds and looks like you had a great time out there.

Wish you could have found some gold, but there is always tomorrow.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing...back in my younger days we used to hire a bush pilot (out of Challis) to fly us to a bench on the middle fork of the salmon river he'd drop us off for a week while we hunted then fly back and get us. Beautiful place up there lots of memories..thanks for the pics..

strick 

This spot is just up from Riggins but below the wilderness boundary.  I've flown into and hunted on the Middle Fork as well. Too bad a guy can't metal detect there. Some of the grandfathered homesteads would give up some some relics but I haven't pursued that. Be a little expensive flying in.😕

• Like 1

Nice area and very cool ring.

Aluminum looks like slag, get lots of that where  people toss their cans in camp fires. Probably among the most annoying trash to try to pull good targets from but also good sign that people sat around drinking and possibly losing good stuff. Definitely a good spot to pick through with a small coil.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Who remembers Jack O’Connor, who wrote for the magazine Outdoor Life. His stories of elk hunts in the Sawtooth; and his 270 pre-64 Winchester Model 70. Wonder if the mail boat still makes the run up the Salmon. 

• Like 1