Axiom 13x11 GPX 4000 14x9 Coiltek Depth Test Deus 2 Also

Some of the audio characteristics as far as sharpness and clarity differences between the Axiom and GPX 4000 may come down to the wireless headphones being used in both the small and larger target tests.

I am using a set of Quest wireless headphones and transmitter with the GPX 4000.

I am using the Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk wireless headphones with the Axiom.

I don't care too much for the MS-3 Z-Lynk sound quality and that may also be slightly skewing the audio results in these two tests.

• Like 3

Wow that was quick. Thanks for sharing your test results. As always I find your tests very informative. Good comparison and well done.  👍

Thanks for another interesting test...Jeff ...

....as well as your thoughts on how the tested detectors performed on the targets...

It was also interesting for me to compare the low-conductivity 5-cent Nickel and the high-conductivity Quarter on American coins... it can be shown, in my opinion, that both Axiom and GPX detectors are somewhat optimized for low- and medium-conductivity targets such as gold... even though they don't have a problem and they can also detect a highly conductive target like Quarter...

Furthermore, it turns out that VLF detectors definitely have limits in such a field...and the use of a PI detector can really help there.

I see this area as a very good place for testing VLF detectors... because here you can very quickly see differences in how different models of VLF detectors work on such complex targets....:wink:

• Like 2

Yes thank you Jeff for this excellent test.  It shows that a PI can detect a 5g coin with a no doubt response at say 13-14" ( 33-35cm ) depth in a mineralized soil.

I wonder what would have been the results for the same coin in mild soil ..  I suppose they would have been similar to yours in mineralized soil  : 33-35cm which is much deeper than what can do a VLF ( 10"  25cm max for a 5g coin in mild soil from my measurements  )   , which means 40% deeper  .. without iron disc of course

• Like 3

7 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Furthermore, it turns out that VLF detectors definitely have limits in such a field...and the use of a PI detector can really help there. 

Enter the AlgoForce E1500 with target ID.... this may be a big help for relic hunters in tough soil...

strick 

• Like 4

IMG_20210913_111236.thumb.jpg.932b231b776e8e292f44c341a0000723.jpgWhen we tested  various VLF detectors for a small 18.5 mm -3.2 gram nickel coin in a very light forest terain /mainly sand terain/... the best detectors there reached a depth of correct detection for a weak but still repeatable good signal somewhere on the border of 34-35 cm. ..

the total detection range of the various detectors was from 26 cm as the weakest result, for other good detectors on 9" coils, 11-13" coils the detection range was somewhere at the level of 29-30-32 cm depth of detection..but they are almost an ideal detection environment from the point of view of depth of detection..

That's why it's always interesting for me to see Jeff's tests of his detectors in his heavily mineralized terrain.... which can really change the depth results of different detectors...

• Like 2

Yes, only certain PIs with the right coils are going to hit 13 to 18" 3 to 5 gram targets whether the soil is mild or mineralized from my experience.

Not disturbing the soil very much when conducting the testing really helps too. I am lucky that I have that nice erosion cut for testing that is within 10 miles of my home and EMI is reasonable most of the time for PI and high gain SMF VLF detectors.

It is not as good as inert sand but it gives me some fairly realistic results give or take an inch to 3 cm.

The latest simultaneous multi frequency VLFs with very little filtering can easily hit 10" 3 to 5 gram targets at this site and even have good IDs using 11" coils. They can go a bit deeper but IDs are unpredictable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EL NINO77 said:

When we tested  various VLF detectors for a small 18.5 mm -3.2 gram nickel coin in a very light forest terain /mainly sand terain/... 

the total detection range of the various detectors was from 26 cm as the weakest result, for other good detectors on 9" coils, 11-13" coils the detection range was somewhere at the level of 29-30-32 cm depth of detection..but they are almost an ideal detection environment from the point of view of depth of detection..

3.2 gr is a little coin , on my tests which use a little mineralized soil my results are rather 20 to 23cms depth on such a coin and I have tested  a lot of detectors too ..  Only a 10g coin would be detected at 30cm on my bed tests .

You probably have an extremely low mineralized soil at your test location 

• Like 1

"Golden Forest "-extra mineralized magnetite terain-- 6-7 bar  Fe3O4 mineralizacion  measured Teknetics G2..

IMG_20210627_094015_084.thumb.jpg.9687ab830449c7cdf729db81c8099f3b.jpg..----------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Alain, you are definitely using a test box that already has a moderate degree of mineralization... and therefore your results will be 20 or maybe even 25 percent less than it would be in the case of a test box with pure silica sand..
This only indicates how the depth of detection can change in a different type of terrain...

Since I myself have and use my low-mineralized test field, I can accurately assess the real range of various detectors in my test field... even a very deep 25 mm coin such as 50 eurocents is stably and regularly detected with good detectors with large 13"-15" coils on 38-39cm deep, which is 15.5" inches... Really amazing results..

But my colleagues have another 5-6 different mineralized.. test fields.. and there the depth of detection changes quickly according to the level of mineralization of the terrain..

since we also have an extra strongly mineralized terrain "Golden forest" .. it is at least at a similar level to Jeff's, it is really good to see how the results of his test really turn out to be similar to our results of the test of various vlf detectors .. or PI detector ..

• Like 2