Some Things To Take Note Of With The Algoforce

Good to know. Looks like both hot rocks and iron can be identified by the minerization bar and minerilzation numbers. Nice job Simon.

9 hours ago, FishBamboo said:

Good to know. Looks like both hot rocks and iron can be identified by the minerization bar and minerilzation numbers. Nice job Simon.

Too early to know for sure, maybe larger good targets do it too, that's what I've got to test, I just stumbled into an area with iron junk, I haven't yet tried normal targets to see if they do the same, like a non-ferrous coin.  The small shot pellets I was finding obviously don't do it 🙂  It would be great if this turns out to be the case, I'll find out today, but the bars certainly go up with an iron target, hopefully they don't with a non-ferrous.

Here's a short video of the Algo ground balancing in some very iron sand rich soil.  It generally takes 5 pumps on the coil to balance anything out, later in the video I am pumping the coil, without the balance button down to show how out of balance it is, I then press it and my pump speed changes so show when I've pressed it, and it balances within its usual 5 pumps.  You'll see the bars on the ground balance meter growing as I swing over the iron sand concentrated ground; these are the same bars that shoot up on the iron targets I was hitting.  They're the bars in the middle of the screen below the number.

Once out of high concentration areas of iron sand like this even though it remains in balance in the milder areas with the same balance setting, I like to balance again as I believe you get better sensitivity to tiny targets that way.  

It's such an easy detector to use and understand.  I really like its fixed ground balance; I wish the 6000 had a way to do that too.  It has enough settings to give you some control while still being suitable for a beginner as it's very easy to use and understand, there is nothing complicated about it and navigating the user interface is very simple.

Woody's done another interesting technical video on it too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

Another little bit of information that may be of interest, it is looking like you can use the mineralization bars on the screen as a form of Iron probability meter, when going over an iron junk target, they rise right up like it needs ground balanced, pass over the target they drop back down.    I tested this quite a bit today, every bit of iron I knew was iron before recovering it by using this method.  I need to experiment with this more and see, and do some iron air tests.

Phrunt,

Does this mean that you do not see the bars increase for non-ferrous targets? Less increase for non-ferrous?

Thank you!

Just now, BigSkyGuy said:

Phrunt,

Does this mean that you do not see the bars increase for non-ferrous targets? Less increase for non-ferrous?

Thank you!

I'm going to confirm this today, I only noticed all this yesterday and I got home late at night from a big adventure gold hunt 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm going to confirm this today, I only noticed all this yesterday and I got home late at night from a big adventure gold hunt 🙂

I am guessing that you found no gold as you haven't posted about it, & I am sure you would have had you found some. Obviously you had a long day looking but came up empty handed on the gold. If you were hunting old past producing grounds then this detector is no miracle machine despite its cool features.

How was your shotgun pellet count? If getting pellets then there is every possibility that each one of those signals could have been a piece of gold. 

D4G

32 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

this detector is no miracle machine despite its cool features.

Nobody ever said it was a miracle machine so this is a classic straw man presentation. This whole idea of this needing to outperform the GPX 6000 and GPZ 7000 at one third the price or less was brought up before, and I flat out said no, just go use the GPX 6000 and be happy. Same still applies here. If that is what anyone is looking for then look elsewhere.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, good targets like coins shoot up the mineralization meters too.  I didn't notice it with pellets as they're too small to shoot up the meters, but larger targets like coins do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1