DD Eclipse Coil - Need Advise

Looking into purchasing an aftermarket coil, equivalent to White's DD eclipse for an MXT specifically. I really don't know whats out there from other manuf.

Looking for a HOT (sensitivity/depth) coil. Better target separation is a plus too. Or would you recommend I stay with whites coil? Any experience and feedback would help.

Thanks, TC-AZ 

The 4x6 Shooter coil is a great little coil for small items down to say 6 inches. I used one on the MXT and MX5 and it locked onto small jewelry very well. Once found a girls ring, 10k, 1.7g at about 5 inches deep with the Shooter. I’m sure some of the after market smaller coils most likely work well also, I just never used any other small ones one the MX series.  I did use a SEF WSS 5x10 and really enjoyed it. Id use it at seeded hunts.  No need for a pin pointer, target was always dead center of the coil. Saved a lot of time in seeded timed hunt. 

• Like 1

I personally think after using one for nearly 20 years the 10x6 white elliptical one is still the best coils they made,one after market one that does come close is the SEF 8x6 coil which i use on a few of my detectors,i purchased on just last week brand new for my T2 which makes it a deadly combination,currently my SEF 8x6 one for Whites detectors is on my DFX.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RickUK said:

I personally think after using one for nearly 20 years the 10x6 white elliptical one is still the best coils they made,one after market one that does come close is the SEF 8x6 coil which i use on a few of my detectors,i purchased on just last week brand new for my T2 which makes it a deadly combination,currently my SEF 8x6 one for Whites detectors is on my DFX.

Hi RickUK,

I own a V3i that has 10" D2 mounted on it. I also have the SEF 6 x 8 DD. The 10" D2 is "V" rated. Will that pose problems for the MXT?

TC-AZ 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to DD Eclipse Coil - Need Advise

I am not positive but I think you can run V rated coils on the MXT just fine.

• Like 2

Thanks to all that responded and advice.   TC-AZ 

• Like 1

V rated do work on MXT, MX5, M6, DFX and the V3i I am almost positive. 

• Like 1