Why Are The Minelab GPX Battery Cables So So Expensive ??

What is so special about this Battery Cable and why are they so so expensive,do you have to buy it solely from Minelab or do aftermarket ones even if they are made do the same job but at a far cheaper price,i absolutely hate being taken for a ride when a company dictates high prices for something just like this battery cable.

As far as i can gather a few folks have mentioned this is a weak link due to it moving all the time,has anyone got any suggestions on who makes cheaper ones but of the same quality as i might carry one as a spare backup one in my detecting bag.

Once again many thanks

• The title was changed to Why Are The Minelab GPX Battery Cables So So Expensive ??

2 minutes ago, Luis said:

you can do it yourself.  I made mine

Luis,in theory i agree with you but i just dont fancy doing the job myself,they are expensive pieces of kit and if you do something wrong then it will cost a arm and a leg to repair......do you make and sell them ?? if so how much.

Correct, if you make one yourself and something goes wrong, you will burn up your cable, and most likely damage your machine and battery. You also risk a fire within your car or equipment, not ideal.  I've seen it happen and it's not worth the risk.

Your best bet is to buy a Minelab one and just reinforce it. Maybe wrap some thick wire around it and tape it up so it doesn't move as much?