There Should Be A Law

I agree. People who create things like that are sick and twisted. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UT Dave said:

Solid two way 27 with no wavering on the Manticore.  

Came out in the plug looking shiny yellow.

Heavy!

Gold Plated Tungsten 💩.

Should be international sanctions against this...

- Dave

I hear ya.

Last summer was my first time doing in water hunting. Total was 24 rings and 4 chains. 1 of the chains was silver, the rest were junkers, 3 of the rings were silver, and 3 gold. The remaining 18 rings were junkers (mostly Tungsten). Oh ya, got a few tiny earrings too, but meh.

When I first started detecting 35 years ago, the majority of rings I found were gold. It's a total flip flop now. 

I can't blame the people who buy the TC rings though. If I wanted to buy a ring, that's what I would buy. The TC rings are very unique, and stunning. All for a tiny fraction of the cost of the real thing. Ditto for the gems.

Silver coins are harder and harder to find, and most jewelry is now fake...but beautiful! Due to that and some other reasons, I'm thinking this awesome hobby is going down. Although, I'll never stop hunting until I'm physically unable to do so.

• Like 8

• The title was changed to There Should Be A Law

You realize that you found the master’s ring created by Sauron, right? I know it’s too late for you, but I would never have put that thing on because he is seeking it, seeking it — all his thought is bent on it. The Ring yearns above all else to return to the hand of its master. They are one, the Ring and the Dark Lord, Dave, and he must never find it. Keep it hidden, keep it safe.

Translated those markings mean:

“…One Ring to Rule them all

One Ring to find them

One Ring to Bring them all

and in the darkness Bind them.”

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The invisibility makes it all totally worth it though!

- Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Let me be clear about this as there is a law that covers this item, and it is called Murphy's law!

Nice find, just not what you wanted.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 6:42 PM, Digalicious said:

I hear ya.

Last summer was my first time doing in water hunting. Total was 24 rings and 4 chains. 1 of the chains was silver, the rest were junkers, 3 of the rings were silver, and 3 gold. The remaining 18 rings were junkers (mostly Tungsten). Oh ya, got a few tiny earrings too, but meh.

When I first started detecting 35 years ago, the majority of rings I found were gold. It's a total flip flop now. 

I can't blame the people who buy the TC rings though. If I wanted to buy a ring, that's what I would buy. The TC rings are very unique, and stunning. All for a tiny fraction of the cost of the real thing. Ditto for the gems.

Silver coins are harder and harder to find, and most jewelry is now fake...but beautiful! Due to that and some other reasons, I'm thinking this awesome hobby is going down. Although, I'll never stop hunting until I'm physically unable to do so.

Ahhh......Yes...back in the day ! I remember there was none of this Chineseum garbage around. It was silver , gold and copper. Pretty much in that order. Occasionally I would find gold plated , but because the price of metals/labor was so much cheaper , people could afford the good stuff.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:01 PM, UT Dave said:

Solid two way 27 with no wavering on the Manticore.  

I would have guessed nickel or twisted/partial pull tab. So....I guess you made out good even though it fooled you initially!

Yeah, but I was already spending that nickel!  Which I knew it was going to be.  But there have been a few nickels turn out to be gold rings with the Manticore, so, I thought, yeah, no...

- Dave

• Like 1