Algoforce At The Beach

Thanks for posting that Simon.... it concurs with my impressions of the Algo on the beach. It will be able to get some good depth with a good 12 to 15 inch coil. Not a bad comparison with the bigger stock 11” Nox coil. I’m thinking of investing in a 12” Evo for beach duties as well as + gram deeper nuggies.

A different colour scheme, but you can see the hot conditions we’re enduring in Oz.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/overlay=temp/orthographic=-216.43,-24.91,755

btw, the link above will show the weather conditions in real time, so will have changed since I posted.

• Like 2

Invercargill??......I was there when I was backpacking in the mid 80's. I can remember hitchhiking that way and the old gent who picked me up asked if I was lost and if I actually wanted to go there 🤪

It was late July and the weather was something else I can tell you.

I found a nice warm bar and an even nicer Kiwi girl 😍

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 11:09 PM, phrunt said:

The Beach does have some black sand, not ridiculous like some beaches around NZ, but still enough to cause a bit of havoc with VLFs.

Assuming it's magnetite, isn't this analogous to saying "oh, I got bit by a poisonous snake, but just some swelling, pain, high fever, and vomiting,... not ridiculous"?

When you were swinging while no targets were under the coil there appeared 02 and 03 on the screen.  What does that mean?  And has anyone figured out, concluded, been told whether the TID in pinpoint mode is or isn't from a true IB process, making this a hybrid detector?

Thanks for the vid and report.  Snow before the Autumnal Equinox?  Sounds like the northern part of our North American continent!  I've experienced snow (flurries) on 1st Sept. in Northern Manitoba, and I was headed (far) South the next day!

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Assuming it's magnetite, isn't this analogous to saying "oh, I got bit by a poisonous snake, but just some swelling, pain, high fever, and vomiting,... not ridiculous"?

When you were swinging while no targets were under the coil there appeared 02 and 03 on the screen.  What does that mean?  And has anyone figured out, concluded, been told whether the TID in pinpoint mode is or isn't from a true IB process, making this a hybrid detector?

Thanks for the vid and report.  Snow before the Autumnal Equinox?  Sounds like the northern part of our North American continent!  I've experienced snow (flurries) on 1st Sept. in Northern Manitoba, and I was headed (far) South the next day!

The Id on the screen when swinging is the ground minerilization, so if you're heading out of balance the bars next to it go up and that number increases, as you can see, I was well balanced.

NZ has a lot of pure black sand beaches where a VLF is lucky to get an inch on a coin, this one just has it scattered around and it usually forms in wave lines from the tides, and yes, it's magnetic.  The tide goes right up to where I was standing up near the top of the beach, it's a really shallow beach, you can go a very long way out and it still be shallow.  They mine the stuff out of some of the beaches that have the larger quantities of black sand, they'd mine them all if the government would allow it 🙂  Not far up the road from this one there is a beach with more black sand than this one where people sluice gold from the sand, have claims on it and all.

We can get snow all year around, and often do, it snows on the mountains regularly in summer and this summer it did snow often on the mountains, but it doesn't normally reach ground level until about about now, and it hit ground level in a few places yesterday.  We don't have high elevation towns, all people tend to live well under 1000 meters, (3200 feet) so snow isn't overly a problem outside of some days here and there in winter.

blacksand.thumb.jpg.f8e0fbf837e90c691e797e78abc608fa.jpg

The bad beaches don't just have it in pockets like this one, all they mostly have is black sand.

• Like 2

thanks for the vid can wait for a proper (long) hunt

RR

• Like 1