• Oh my! 1

Better come for a holiday down under.....no other cure for your insomnia atm.😴

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are right. But I will settle for a blooming onion at outback.😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

AlgoForce has me tossing and turning. I need me one! 🙃

Yeah I have just quit thinking about that E1500, I lose enough sleep over some of the things I think about all the time so as for the E1500, I just started looking at it when it gets to the U.S it gets here then I do not lose any more sleep than I already lose LOL

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

AlgoForce has me tossing and turning. I need me one! 🙃

No George---you DO NOT need you yet ANOTHER detector!!!!!!!! 🙂

• Haha 3

On 3/21/2024 at 2:22 AM, D&P-OR said:

No George---you DO NOT need you yet ANOTHER detector!!!!!!!! 🙂

Me neither i do not need another detector but I want another detector LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm more excited about new prospects for PI's in the coin, jewellery, beach and relic hunting domain with the advent of the Algoforce, and what we will see in the future from P's detectors, I'd written off PI's going forward with the 6000 being a bit of a disappointment, I think now I'm wrong and there is much more PI technology can give.

Today, I was using my Algoforce in pinpoint mode, detecting coins in a rather junky area, using the Pinpoint mode as if it were normal detecting mode, swinging slowly it felt much like swinging a VLF only with far more accurate ID's, sure I had to "retune" the pinpoint on clean ground every once in a while when it went out, to keep it in check, but, what if this became the normal mode of a PI, this non-motion pinpoint maybe a thing of the past with fast processing power, the Algo can certainly run in pinpoint mode and cover ground and detect targets and ID them well, although I'm in mild soil and swinging a little slower than I would with a VLF, but what if... processing was so fast with modern CPU's that a PI could run a motion Target ID and have it as accurate as the Algoforce in non-motion pinpoint mode, the raw depth of a PI, I think combine the Algoforce Target ID with the GPX iron discrimination using DD coils and you may have a weapon for coin, relic and jewellery hunters, maybe PI technology isn't dead yet.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but floating a possibility, and it seems to be logical this could be the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Today, I was using my Algoforce in pinpoint mode, detecting coins in a rather junky area, using the Pinpoint mode as if it were normal detecting mode, swinging slowly it felt much like swinging a VLF only with far more accurate ID's, sure I had to "retune" the pinpoint on clean ground every once in a while when it went out, to keep it in check, but, what if this became the normal mode of a PI, this non-motion pinpoint maybe a thing of the past with fast processing power, the Algo can certainly run in pinpoint mode and cover ground and detect targets and ID them well, although I'm in mild soil and swinging a little slower than I would with a VLF, but what if... processing was so fast with modern CPU's that a PI could run a motion Target ID and have it as accurate as the Algoforce in non-motion pinpoint mode, the raw depth of a PI, I think combine the Algoforce Target ID with the GPX iron discrimination using DD coils and you may have a weapon for coin, relic and jewellery hunters, maybe PI technology isn't dead yet.

That "far more accurate ID's" part, is intriguing.

The new Quest "Hyper IQ" detectors, use a Cortex-M7 STM32H750 controller. Other SMF detectors would likely use the same, or a similar controller...and the "Hyper IQ" is likely Multi-IQ, or a slight modification of it.

The speed of that controller is a measly 480 MHz. Yet, that is enough speed to run a modern SMF detector. It probably doesn't even use nearly that speed. Rather, that controller is probably used because it's about the cheapest controller that can be purchased ($3 to 6$ US).

I suspect PI would use a similar controller. But even if PI needed a better performing controller, it would cost very little for the manufacturer to purchase.

• Like 1