8 hours ago, CoinShooter said:

All that snow and cold water. I don't see you how you worked the dredge. Didn't your fingers and toes go numb? 🙂

Many creeks in Alaska run too high and fast to dredge in the summer, so the best option is to mine in early spring or late fall, or even dead of winter. I could dredge down to about 15 degrees, any colder and stuff just froze too fast. The secret for me was good dry suit gear, though there is no denying I often got quite cold. I’m pretty good at ignoring discomfort. Hot water systems can keep you warmer, but I often worked away from the motors and hot water systems tie you down. This article shows why I preferred drysuits and how I was geared up:

steve-herschbach-gold-dredging-drysuit.jpeg

My partner introduced me to dredging here in Idaho last summer and we did pretty well for our 1st season. Hopefully I’ll get to man the hose this season once in a while, and he can be the “Dredge Wench” lolIMG_1891.thumb.jpeg.14a523038dd6e3feb29f17f69a20e0b4.jpegIMG_1888.thumb.jpeg.113daa9b3a643553def1988bd45a4895.jpeg

I don’t read other forums, just this one.

Here is me preparing to dredge last summer in the interior of AK. All of the dredging I have done for the last 6 years has been in a cut. I also didn’t dredge two summers ago because I was prospecting with small equipment. The first couple days whooped my @$$ but I got back into it. 

IMG_6720.png

• The title was changed to Best Gold Dredging Forum?