Double Check Your Account Email And Keep It Current

When you signed up you gave an email to authenticate your account and also to act as a password recovery email. You also created a display name. When you sign in / log in you have been using your display name and password to sign in. This is going to change to you signing in with your account email and password.

It is a good time to be sure your email on account is still one you have access to. Some people get new email accounts and never update it here. That can be a huge problem if you need to reset your password for any reason. In the help post at the top of every forum there is a link to password recovery. It sends a recovery email to the email you have on file here. Wrong email, you are not going to get it.

New Member Signup - Click Here!      Lost Password - Click Here!    <- Password Recovery

Forum Tips & Tricks     Advanced Search     Tag List/Index

And again, you will need to enter your email to sign in from now on.

Below is how you check and change your display name, email, and password. It is important you update that email. It is very hard now to contact me if you get locked out as I no longer have a contact page on the website. I got 100 marketing messages a day and got tired of it. The only way you can normally contact me is PM on the website, but you need to be logged in to do that. If you can't log in, you need to use the password recovery. And if you do not have a current email in the system - you are screwed! Well, not quite. If you are reading this you will see my contact email in the screenshots below. The spammers will probably miss this so I will leave this up unless I get inundated again. But making a note of it someplace will allow you to email me if you have a problem signing in. Please do not email me with metal detector or gold prospecting questions. I'll just tell you to post the question on the forum. The email is for emergency forum support only.

For big screen device click on your name in upper right. Click on account settings. You will see your email and if it is not correct, you can change it.

Big screen Step 1
pc1.png

Big screen Step 2
pc2.png

On small screen devices it takes more steps. In upper right click the three horizontal bars:

Small screen Step 1
phone1.png

Small screen Step 2
phone2.png

Small screen Step 3
phone3.png

Small screen Step 4
phone4.png

• Like 4

And just a note. I never give your email to anyone without permission. If people try I contact you and give you their email (with their permission) so you can contact them or ignore them. I never give the emails to marketers. I never send out bulk emails. If you get emails from the forum it is because you have something in your settings saying you want a notification email about a thread or something. If you are getting emails and don't want them - turn it off in your settings. The main thing to know is I am a super private person and I hate being bugged and so I try to never bother others. I take security and privacy very seriously. So getting you to update your email is not part of some plot to send you junk mail or something. It is just so you can sign in here and do a password recovery if need be. And notifications about forum activity if you chose to follow something or somebody. That I have nothing to do with - that's in your settings (the Notification Settings seen in the pics in my last post).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1