Nugget Finder / Coiltek What’s Needed Next ?

After watching Nenad’s newest video it made me think that we really need some stacked spiral coils like the 12x7” Exceed and the 10x5” Goldhawk for the Algoforce and the Legacy GPX-series to replace the Sadie and to also resolve the 12x8” Evo calibration issue. The 9” Elite seems to be doing well on the Algoforce but is still a pretty big coil for the tight areas we hunt for small gold. 
Maybe Nugget Finder and Coiltek can use the same coils footprint that the Exceed and Goldhawk use and wire it for the 5 pin coils, would’nt that be a great seller.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

n addition some concentric coils for the gpx-5000 would be quite nice…

I totally agree, some good quality concentric coils, maybe make a semi spiral CC on a smaller coil and a full spiral CC on the larger coils. I know the GPZ spiral CC’s our highly desirable for there small gold performance. I know the GPZ CC’s use an extra winding so would be interesting to add that to a GPX coil also if possible?

Funny you should start this thread Ron, that's exactly what's happening, NF are making a new coil to do just that at the moment using similar windings to the 12x6" Hybrid GPX X-coil to counter the problems with the Sadie's lack of sensitivity and the 12x8" being so unstable.  It's likely going to be a 12x7" in the same housing as the Xceed coil.

It's sounding like it's not far off at all so pretty cool to hear development continuing on GPX coils now the Algoforce is out.

• Like 3

As we age weight becomes a bigger concern, copper weight in a coil is something only a mono coil addresses at this stage in coil development, the E1500 is bringing back the mono coil development, flat spiral winding monos.... now we move on I have been using a DIY mono on the E1500 for a while with spiral but not flat windings and believe it is showing that we can have uncompromising depth, sensitivity and lightweight but will ML let the aftermarket fellows develop such for the 6K?? 

• Like 1

There is another option coming for the E1500, Legacy GPX etc very soon too. Litz bundle wound, fine tuned for the E1500 in a couple sizes initially. Spirals and CC's to come 'soon'. New business, with a lotta coil building experience behind it. They gonna be making coils for the Axiom too next year. Maybe even GPZ as well, but we'll see. Ive seen a couple already and some experimental all-terrain resin bonded ones, similar to the old Coiltek Platypus types. Interesting times....

• Like 5

I was hoping the Algoforce would spring some life back into GPX coils, and the modding of the GPX series has proven to be beneficial so it's bringing life back into them too, plenty of reports now of 5000's doing very well after the latest generation of mods.  I'm seriously considering getting mine modded.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

will ML let the aftermarket fellows develop such for the 6K?? 

Ummm....NO. Minelab make decent $$ off the chip supply to Coiltek and NF and they aint gonna pass that off. @Chet has done the hard yards to pluck the chip and make an adapter, plus build his own coils to suit....no-one else has. Once your detector/coil is out of warranty, it dont matter what you do with your own gear. Just imagine what results you'd get with a decently constructed small-medium CC on a 6000?

• Like 2

CC's have been made for the 6000 already, results weren't as good as one might expect so unless someone else can do it better I wouldn't be too excited about CC's on the 6000.

• Like 2