Mono Coils And Sd2200d

Hi guys, Just after some info on these mono coils that came with the SD2200d I purchased recently.

Seems odd the guy I bought it off was using these 3 small monos I thought. I haven't used the Machine yet but have put on the only DD it came with which was a 14" Coiltek DD which ill try this coming week. I was under the impression these older Minelabs prefer DDs over monos, am I correct in thinking that? The coils mentioned are 6", 8" and 11" monos.

I'm also waiting for Nuggetfinder to release the new lighter 25DD and I'll grab one of those to see how this old beast compares to my zed with the 20" Spiral coil. 

Also, how would the 2200 go as a patch hunter?

When I was using a 4500 I was able to swing at a walking pace with the 18" coiltek and often found new patches. I'm just not sure if the 2200 could be used in the same way.

I'm fitting a ground balance button this week for convenience. The machine also came with  2 coiltek batteries which are 7 volts from memory and an audio booster. 

436088114_865612542039869_8088218023310187371_n.jpg

That little 6" was only discontinued a year or so ago, I was annoyed as I never bought one while it was available, JW has one, it's a cool little coil.    I guess sales volumes were too low to keep it going.

41 minutes ago, Jin said:

The machine also came with  2 coiltek batteries which are 7 volts from memory and an audio booster. 

If you have the Coiltek li-ion system it takes the voltage down to 7.3 volts for the SD series. Batteries are actually 8.4 volts fully charged.

0B0BC5C6-637B-4337-8EFC-0EE124D163C2.jpeg

The 2200's are a killer detector for deep gold, especially after being modded and use large coils. Un-modded, they are less sensitive to small gold...so a stock unit won't be as useful as a patch hunting machine. Curious as to how much $$ did you pay @Jin???  Sounds like a damn good package you got. 

Just now, Aureous said:

The 2200's are a killer detector for deep gold, especially after being modded and use large coils. Un-modded, they are less sensitive to small gold...so a stock unit won't be as useful as a patch hunting machine. Curious as to how much $$ did you pay @Jin???  Sounds like a damn good package you got. 

I paid $650

It came with 4 coils, two headphones, coiltek battery system - charger/2x batteries, hipstick, speaker, audio booster, harness and pouches for carrying the coiltek battery

18 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

If you have the Coiltek li-ion system it takes the voltage down to 7.3 volts for the SD series. Batteries are actually 8.4 volts fully charged.

0B0BC5C6-637B-4337-8EFC-0EE124D163C2.jpeg

Yes thats the one.

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

That little 6" was only discontinued a year or so ago, I was annoyed as I never bought one while it was available, JW has one, it's a cool little coil.    I guess sales volumes were too low to keep it going.

Yeah, i just can't see how that little coil would work on the 2200. Surely it would be massively noisy in mineralised ground. I used to own a detech" mono and that was noisy on my 4500.

10 minutes ago, Jin said:

Yeah, i just can't see how that little coil would work on the 2200. Surely it would be massively noisy in mineralised ground. I used to own a detech" mono and that was noisy on my 4500.

You could sell it to someone with an Algoforce, they'd love that little beast.

22 minutes ago, Jin said:

I paid $650

HOLY CRAP! Bargain of the century!  I woulda jumped on that too 👍

18 minutes ago, Jin said:

Surely it would be massively noisy

It shouldn't be, the small size means there is less ground signal to deal with. If there's noise, there's a fault....which  is usually in the bottom 1/4 of the coax cable or plug.