One Of My Hobbies: Turning Natural Stone Into Weapons And Tools

• The title was changed to One Of My Hobbies: Turning Natural Stone Into Weapons And Tools

That's really impressive, such a talent.  They look beautiful.

• Like 1

Beautiful points LDK and very impressive work.

I have a couple of questions for you.

First question.

other than the vintage glass that you obviously find on bottle digs do you go out and actively search for your knapping materials other than the exotics?

Second question

I see that you have pictured some very nice paleo style points that you have made.

Have you ever attempted to create a fluted Clovis style point?

It is my understanding that the fluting process can be maddening.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the kind words, I appreciate it. 

Doc;
First question.

other than the vintage glass that you obviously find on bottle digs do you go out and actively search for your knapping materials other than the exotics? Most of my material I buy. Some is given to me and some I find locally.

Second question

I see that you have pictured some very nice paleo style points that you have made.

Have you ever attempted to create a fluted Clovis style point?

It is my understanding that the fluting process can be maddening.
There are many ways to flute a paleo point. Most professional knappers us a jig of some kind. All that I have made were done the old way: indirect percussion. Many failures to find fruition. 

• Like 2

Incredible! I'm in awe of your patience and perseverance. I'm way too fussy and impulsive to ever attempt that level of artwork. Just think sometime in the future someone will dig one of those beauties up and wonder who made it, never find out, and that will be good enough. The enemy of perfection is good! Unfortunately the only knapping I'll be doing in the future is dirt napping. 

• Haha 1

As others have said - WoW! Really nice stuff. Do you ever sell your work? I would love to include one of your points in our next fundraiser!!

• Like 1

Those are beautiful David, looks like a pain staking hobby.

• Like 1